Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-CS31S Horizontal Screen Flicker starts at bottom

profile.country.en_GB.title
Visitor

Vaio VGN-CS31S Horizontal Screen Flicker starts at bottom

Hi

Am hoping someone can help, my screen has started to flicker.  It starts once Windows has booted up and sometimes even before I log in. Its a horizontal flickering starting at the bottom of the screen and then gradually getting worse.

If I uninstall the graphic drivers and reinstall them the flickering stops but starts when it reboots again.

I have updated all the Windows 7 drivers, cleared out all the temp files, done a full virus scan and it still does it.

The graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS

Help please :cry:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi 83735935,

Unfortunately there can be a number of possible causes for this problem.

First try attaching an external monitor. If this works without flicker then it would point to a fault with your LCD screen or cabling.

If however the display on the external screen also flickers then the graphics chip may be faulty.

You could also start in Safe Mode (TapF8 at boot when you see the Vaio logo). If there is no flicker then it may possibly be driver related.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Visitor

Hi

Have tried safe mode but it still happens.  Funny thing is that it seems to be worse when its plugged into the mains power and not running off of battery, go figure?

Will try it on a separate screen and see what happens then.

Thanks

mithcd
Visitor

Seems like this is an LCD issue to me. Try to go to BIOS, do you still see the screen flicker? If yes, I hope this is still under warranty.

KatherineYH
Visitor

Try a new monitor cable or with a different monitor if you can get ahold of one to verify before buying one

Life is too serious to be taken seriously https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png