Join now - be part of our community!

Very strange noise brand new E series vaio

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
h_kyriacos
Visitor

Very strange noise brand new E series vaio

Hello,

I am new to the vaio community as is the first time I owned a VAIO laptop.

Yesterday I finally received my new laptop.

It's a customisable E series.

I have used it only for 1 day and there is a very strange noise coming from under the keyboard. The noise is not happening all the time. Sometimes is louder than others.

I cannot verify where the noise is comming but I think that is comming from the upper right corner.

Can anyone help me with that? Shall I contact Sony about this?

Thank you Kyriacos.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi h_kyriacos,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

If the noise concerns you it's probably best to check with vaio support..

To find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Then under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi h_kyriacos,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

If the noise concerns you it's probably best to check with vaio support..

To find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Then under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio.

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

profile.country.en_GB.title
libowen
Visitor

Hi, I have had a customised e series for two months now and it has made a terrible squeaking noise since i have had it, it is coming from the hard disk drive.  I rang sony vaio care and it has been picked up today so they can have a look at it.  I have been told that if they think its something i have done then i will have to pay but i won't be as it was like it when i received it so we shall have to wait and see what they say !!!  

profile.country.de_DE.title
karthikinspace
Visitor

After a lot of exploration and experiments i fonund that un installing the Sony Vaio analysis manager reduced the normal CPU usage from 35 % to 3 % hence also automatically reducing the fan noise after restart ..

Regards

User