Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEA1S1E

profile.country.en_GB.title
Somoplaya
Visitor

VPCEA1S1E

I have had this laptop for about a year. Lost receipt so warranty not an option. The ac adapter stopped working. Bought a generic charger but the part you insert into the laptop snapped after 2 days. Had thrown away the Sony charger after buying the generic adapter.

Have contacted Sony via email on 2 occasions asking which charger I need. They state they have no answer to my query. The website has no mention of the VPCEA1S1E so I cannot find the required adapter there. Has the adapter been withdrawn due to it being useless?

The email response refers me to the help line at 38p per minute. I'm not intending paying excessive charges to the help line for a simple question.

Any answers out there please?

And by the way.....I won't be buying any more Sony products due to their poor quality and seriously poor customer care.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you look at the specifications for your model on the Vaio Support Website here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/specifications/index.aspx?m=VPCEA1S1E_W&l=en_GB

You will see that the AC Adapter for your Vaio is VGP-AC19V33.

I can't find one on the Sony website but you should find a cheaper guaranteed compatible replacement from somewhere like Amazon.

:wink: