Join now - be part of our community!

VPCS11X9E HDMI stopped working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
amit89
Visitor

VPCS11X9E HDMI stopped working

Hi, recently my HDMI port stopped working, and I can't see "HDMI port" or similar anywhere in the device manager. I wanted to check it wasn't just a driver issue before I took it somewhere to get repaired and have been checking online to find the driver. Unfortunately It isn't too clear on the download section of the website which one I would actually need to download in order to reinstall this driver. Can anyone help?

Regards

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sadly, it does sound like it needs looking at by an engineer.

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Alex and welcome.

HDMI output will be controlled by the Intel HD Graphics Driver.  Have you installed the update available on the download page for your Vaio here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCS11X9E_B/updates

Click on the Latest Downloads for Windows 7 and scroll down to the Driver section where you will find the Intel Driver version 8.15.10.2040.

:thinking:

amit89
Visitor

Hi thanks for the reply.

I actually downloaded that a few days ago and tried to install it. I guess it didn't install as it says a version ending in .1995 in my device manager. I will try to dl and install it again thanks.

If it did not fix the issue and the HDMI remains unresponsive could this be something like a loose cable or anything in your opinion?

Cheers

Alex

amit89
Visitor

Ok the driver is now the latest one but it still isn't recognising when I plug in the HDMI lead, I guess it is a physical issue?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sadly, it does sound like it needs looking at by an engineer.

:slight_frown: