Join now - be part of our community!

What a SHAME Sony VAIO!!!!

profile.country.es_ES.title
Pablo_SVS1512Z1
Visitor

What a SHAME Sony VAIO!!!!

I bought a Sony VAIO FE11S in april 06. A month ago the screen turned into grey variable spots. With an external monitor all ok, so it's a screen hardware confirmed issue.

Sony does not accept a free repair because the warranty is only for one year and it has one year and two months. They consider that if only one week or two after the year had passed they would repair it as a comercial attention with the customer.

I'm absolutely indignated with Sony, they want me to pay 849 euros for the repair. It's astonishing that a brand of prestige like Sony offers this treat to its customers.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER SONY VAIO PRODUCT.

5 REPLIES 5
Pablo_SVS1512Z1
Visitor

ASus for example offers 2 YEAR WARRANTY for its products. I only complain about this.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi priveriv,

Sony have been trying to contact you. It sounds like good news.

Can you update your contact details or PM me a phone number where they can speak to you.

:thinking:

Pablo_SVS1512Z1
Visitor

Hi priveriv,

Sony have been trying to contact you. It sounds like good news.

Can you update your contact details or PM me a phone number where they can speak to you.

:thinking:

Hi, I am abroad now so that is the reason Sony could not contact me by phone. My contact details are correct. I have called Sony yesterday.

Sony send me a message to take my laptop and check it another time. They told me if there is any physical damage to the screen they will not repair it.
I always carry my laptop inside a neoprene cover and besides in a laptop protected backpack. It has no suffer any falls onto the ground or something like that. I am extremely careful with products that have costed to me 1700 euros so i hope Sony will repair it without more troubles for me. It is a Sony hardware failure, not my fault.

I will give more information about this issue, but actually I am a little tired of trying Sony to pay me any more attention as a customer.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Priveriv

Don't take it personally that they have asked you to check your screen, they have to ask that :slight_smile:

1983strat
Explorer

Webcam has ceased to function on my Windows 8.1 SonyVaio SVE1512W1ESI, bought new 2 years ago.Only found out about it after I came upon an article, asking if any one had a solution for this problem, I decided to check the webcam on mine. Lo and behold mine had stopped working too. The couldn`t care less attitude of Sony has shocked me .this webcam had only been used in thge first few days after purchase to check it out, and not used since. The device manager has no imaging devices in the sub menu, so I can`t re-install it. Everything else on laptop is fine, but Sony say I needs repaired at a cost. further searching revealed this is common, but a solution is hard to find. I too wil never buy a Sony product and will advisse anyone thinking of doing so to think again.