Join now - be part of our community!

Which Nvidia driver with XL-301/Samsung TV

dansears
Visitor

Which Nvidia driver with XL-301/Samsung TV

I have an XL301 connected to a Samsung 24" LCD screen with a resolution of 1368x768. However I can't get that resoltuion with the current NVIDIA driver (7.15.10.9752) for the GeForce 7600 GTL. I downloaded an update but had to roll back drivers due to problems. The resoltuion setting facility seems to imply you can use a resoltuion of 720 or 1080.
Has anyone got any advice on which driver to use or is it just not possible to get 1368x768 with windows vista?
Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
littlebucko
Visitor

hi dansears it should work with the normal drivers
but a lot of people including me cannot connect to samsung tv's
as samsung have been making models that have got problems
with the vga connector.
WHEN you do finally connect (rare) then people are having the same problem with the size not working the way it should.
the best thing to do is when connected press the fn and the f7 button so it is output screen only then change the screen size this should correct it if now then i am verry sorry as i cannot help i have asked samsung about this problem and they say it will work mainly with desktop pc's as that is what the connection was put on the tv for.

dansears
Visitor

Thanks for your reply littlebucko.

I may not of made myself clear. I can connect to my Samsung TV via the HDMI connector and get a very good image. However the reolution I get is 1280x720 and not the screens maximum resolution of 1368x768. I want to be able to get the maximum resolution and wondered how to do this with my setup.

Cheers

h4
Visitor

hi i would try the nvidia website. it should be quite straight forward. its the 7 series driver.