Join now - be part of our community!

Why cant i email sony from the attached URL

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
esoumginkcufyekcim
Visitor

Why cant i email sony from the attached URL

I am trying to contact sony, as I have spent 1500euro on a Notebook and I think I deserve an answer. And a word of warning to anyone who tries to silence me.

I will not leave until i am treated like a proper customer

If you select "send an email" from this link I get the message "There is a problem with the form"

I have tried this on IE, Firefox and Safari.

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/email/email.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Well when I do it I get to the Vaio Support electronic mail page which seems to work OK.  After 'Get in Touch' Click on 'Click here for further contact options' and you see this screen: -

Perhaps the best way forward is for you to update your Name and Contact Details (Office Hours) on your Vaio product registration.  Confirm  when you have done this and I will ask Vaio Support to give you a ring.

esoumginkcufyekcim
Visitor

I dont get the written support tab, it tells me my Vaio is out of warranty. I think i am still in the 1st year of warranty, either way i payed for 2 extra years warranty. I think i got it in July last year so i should be in warranty until mid 2013

My contact details are up to date

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Well, as promised, I have tried to get Vaio Support to contact you and I received an almost immediate reponse.

There would appear to be no valid warranty registered against this Vaio and this is why you were not offered email support on the website.  So either the Sony extended warranty has never been registered or it is with a third party dealership scheme and not with Sony.  For products outside warranty, Sony only offers phone support via a premium phone line.

Even so, I think they would have considered contacting you direct on this occasion until they saw that the Vaio is registered in a false name.  I thought you had corrected your registration details?

Anyway, they refuse to try to contact Mickey Mouse (I've left out the middle name out of decency) - so this leaves the premium phone line as your only way forward to sort out the purchase date and the warranty status.

I will bow out now as there is no more I can do and leave this between yourself and Vaio Support.

:smileyblush:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'll mark the above post as correct answer as there isn't much else that can be done via the communty forum..

Hope all goes well with contacting vaio support, good luck..:smileyhappy:

esoumginkcufyekcim
Visitor

Yes i have corrected my details. But to be honest the sony web site seems to be such a mess that its hard to be 100% sure if i am logged into the forum or logged into mySony account or if the two things are the same. I have also put up my phone number and address (where they can post my restore cds directly to), they can see its not disney world.

On this forum I am registered with my proper name but have no intention of using my proper name as my forum nickname. I did that once 12 years ago to help with some CAD software issue and the article was copied and pasted onto several online magazines and can not be removed by me. Ever since then i refuse to put my name on the internet or on forum databases if possible.

So my problem has not been solved.

How does a "current" Sony customer contact Sony directly.

How does a "current" Sony customer get the elusive restore CDs for their Sony Vaio

MM

johnkerryemigrants
Visitor

Sony Europe can be contacted at 1530/501002

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Vaio Support 'Out-of-Warranty' premium rate phoneline from UK, office hours Mon/Fri.

0905 0310006

esoumginkcufyekcim
Visitor

Any chance i can have the "In-Warranty" non premium number, since i am still in an extended warranty.

Or better still an email address that works as i want to get this fixed and move over to an iMac

MM

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I have found this site very useful for finding alternatives to premium rate numbers:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

:wink:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
esoumginkcufyekcim
Visitor

I haven't got around to trying the normal rate numbers yet.

But one thing that i forgot to mention is that the problem first arose when the laptop was roughly 8months old and i tried to recover the laptop to it's original state from the hidden partition. I had the problem with the Master Boot Record. I tried to contact sony using the web form email method but got a javaScript error on 3 different browsers and  different OS's.

So i was forced to fend for myself, I was able to copy the hidden partition from my sony to an external hard drive in the hope of creating the restore cd's from there. But i don't think it's possible, or is it?. Or can i restore the sony to it's original state from an external hard drive.

Any ideas.

Thanks

MM