Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7

sei1925
Visitor

Windows 7

Has anybody been contacted yet as to when the windows 7 upgrade program will start and when sony will charge for shipping of the discs

10 REPLIES 10
ash_c64
Visitor

Nope not yet am also waiting for this.... Hope its soon coz i really want to get vista out of my nw11z/t as soon as!

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Welcome to ClubVaio Sei1925,

Had you been contacted by Sony through the Official Windows 7 upgrade website from Sony ?

You can check if your laptop is qualified for the free upgrade or you can be contacted to receive a paid upgrade with special conditions from Sony.

Take a look here : Windows 7

sei1925
Visitor

Yes the official email when i registered for windows 7 which stated i would be contacted before October 22nd the official release date, now however i am told it will be after October 22nd. I dont really mind when i just would have liked to have been kept informed and i would like to know when and how much postage sony are going to charge. But i think i'm going off topic as i have read Microsoft arent charging Manufacturers for the postage being levied against customers for what is supposed to be a free upgrade. I think i shall have to just wait like everybody else possibly communication could have been better i think my daughters copy of windows 7 pre ordered will be on her laptop before i get mine.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi sei1925,

As far as I am aware those that have pre-registered for the windows 7 upgrade ,via the sony site, should receive an email on the 22nd October with further information..

sei1925
Visitor

Hi thanks for that i assumed we would have been contacted earlier but thats great.

robocop530d
Visitor

Hello

Im still waiting for the e-mail from Sony regarding the Windows 7 update..Am i being too impatient

I have sent two e-mails to Club vaio but no reply..guess they are really busy... :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You should get your email today.

However, you can go direct to the Upgrade Website if you are impatient!

www.vaiowindows7upgrade.com

Good Luck
:wink:

Chrisgv
Visitor

Yup, I'm impatient! Still no email. Tried the link, and can't get past entering my details. Website overloaded, or just not completely functional yet?

SAVE ME FROM THE CURSE THAT IS VISTA!

Chrisgv
Visitor

Okay, the link worked! My order is in. For those of you in the UK, £20 P&P, and up to 3 weeks for delivery. Counting down......

Hang on, £20???! Bit steep maybe?