Join now - be part of our community!

Windows software

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
llreolon
Visitor

Windows software

HI I've lost my hard disk and I got a new one, but when I bought this Notebook it doesnt come with windows CD, so how can I get the software now??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi llreolon and welcome.

As with most computer manufacturers these days, Recovery CDs are not supplied with a new Vaios.  However, recovery software is held in a hidden partition on the hard disc that will allow the Vaio to be recovered back to factory status.

You should have been reminded that the first thing you should do when you got your new Vaio is to make your own Recovery DVDs to safeguard against a hard drive failure.

If you did not make Recovery Discs, you can buy a replacement set of discs from Vaio Support.

Alternatively, you can install a commercial version of Windows and add the essential drivers and utilities from the Vaio Support website.  However, most software programs cannot be downloaded.

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi llreolon and welcome.

As with most computer manufacturers these days, Recovery CDs are not supplied with a new Vaios.  However, recovery software is held in a hidden partition on the hard disc that will allow the Vaio to be recovered back to factory status.

You should have been reminded that the first thing you should do when you got your new Vaio is to make your own Recovery DVDs to safeguard against a hard drive failure.

If you did not make Recovery Discs, you can buy a replacement set of discs from Vaio Support.

Alternatively, you can install a commercial version of Windows and add the essential drivers and utilities from the Vaio Support website.  However, most software programs cannot be downloaded.

:slight_frown: