Join now - be part of our community!

YES!!! YES!!!

Eugenepang
Visitor

YES!!! YES!!!

Well a month ago i was thinking about upgrading my vaio A317S memory to 1G.. i check on sony site and yikes.. very ery expensive.. so i check up crucial.. and yes! its alooooot cheaper! 1x512mb is £50.51 inc vat. so i would need 2x512mb which will cost me £101.2 inc vat. which is still alot cheaper than sony.. but then i think again what if i wanted to upgrade to 2G??? hmm so i put it on hold.. untill

Today!.. i check crucial up again and yes they now had 1x1GB memory haha and it cost £104.56 inc vat which i think is very very good!.. order it and now i am waiting for it to arrive... and hopefully everything will be fine when i install it...

BTW since i bought 1x1GB ram which only use 1 memory slot.. can i leave the 1x256mb (original memory) in the other slot? so i can had 1GB+256MB ram?

46 REPLIES 46
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

LOL, the half of them is from Sony.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I know Sony love filling up the startup don't they?

Eugenepang
Visitor

i dont understand if the startup is normal, why there is so many software running under the proceses?

Eugenepang
Visitor

har the 1G sdram for A317S is under £100 now and it was just after 2+weeks i bought it....

jacky716
Visitor

Does your A317S take the new DDR2 ram? I have the A317M and the Ram from Sony was very very expensive??

Dakini
Visitor

Have you tested if the vaio is working with 2 x 1GB Modules?
On the productdescription is standing max RAM = 1GB

Nice greetings!!

Eugenepang
Visitor

Does your A317S take the new DDR2 ram? I have the A317M and the Ram from Sony was very very expensive??

Yes its working perfectly.. dont buy from sony .. buy from crucial... trust me its aloooot cheaper..

Have you tested if the vaio is working with 2 x 1GB Modules?

The max ramn is actually 2G.. but so far i just installed 1G.. maybe will upgrade again later.. but currently there is no need.. coz i still had about 500MB ram free when running all programs.