Join now - be part of our community!

Missing music/folders using USB on MEX-BT3900u

profile.country.en_GB.title
geoffinbolton
Visitor

Missing music/folders using USB on MEX-BT3900u

I have a  MEX-BT3900u and am very happy with it apart from an issue were not all music on usb memory stick is seen by the unit.

I have a verbatim 8GB low profile stick that I leave perminantly plugged in, that currently has 70 top level folders and 504 folders in total containign 1219 files coming to 7.1GB.

The head unit only sees the first 51 folders, i've created a test with 150 top leve folders on a blank stick and they are all read.

I'd read somewhere that the format of the music is important, however, in my case music that cant be seen, can be when folders above it are deleted.

This is quite frustrating as I cant find the pattern to fix this, does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks

Geoff

10 REPLIES 10
flamesong
Explorer

I have been searching for answers to this problem on another model which I just bought new.

Wow! What a fail!

It is 2015 and Sony, one of the leading electronics corporations on the planet are using primitive file systems  rather than integrate ID3 tags into their car stereos yet boast Made for iPod which have used ID3 tags since their introduction; ID3 tags have been around for 17 years.

Gobsmacked!