Join now - be part of our community!

wh 1000xm2 takes background noise during call

profile.country.GB.title
roshan_87
Explorer

wh 1000xm2 takes background noise during call

Hi,

As far as enjoyed listening to music on my new pair of wh-1000xm2. The biggest drawback is during the calls(skype,normal) on wireless and wired setup.

It been biggest problem for me as i can't take calls during office hours , as many on the other end of the call complained me about the background noises it picks up during the call.

Please let me know the fix. Tried resetting to default config , neither of them worked.

21 REPLIES 21
its_Tricky83
Explorer

I have the same problem as EVERYONE else.

In fact, people on the other end tell me they can hear other people nearby clearer than they can hear me. So, because my voice is projected away from the headphones, anyone walking towards me and projecting their voice towards the headphones can be heard over me. Pretty disappointing.. owned these headphones for about 2 years now and I've never had a good phonecall on them.

profile.country.GB.title
ismit6
New

Bjenner New: Exactly said! At least the mute functionality for microphone would be greatly appreciated. Ok, i understand the issue with non-NC microphone built in. But I can't listen properly longer call even on mute because I'm too distracted by my keyboard sound or colleagues moderately talking. I've actually bought the product to be more able to follow long difficult project calls.

I haven't heard of SONY for quite a while and I thought this kind of product is great way to be part of the current digital game. 

My colleague has quite new XM3 so when he comes back from vacation we really have to test it!