Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

profile.country.en_GB.title
skimpychimpy
Visitor

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

Hi,

I just tried putting in my serial number and product ID number into the checker on the Support site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SGPT121GB_S/news/Xperia_S_series_notice2

But all the page does is refresh when I click Submit. Has anyone had any luck with finiding out if theirs needs replaced? My bezel at the back is definitely bent out of shape (beside the dock cover) but just want to check if it is going to be covered by the program.

Cheers,

Tim

60 REPLIES 60
tramman77
Visitor

Ok, now I am getting slightly miffed (trying to stay polite for the benefit of the forum), not a word from Sony. You've now had my tablet for over 2 weeks on what was suppossed to be a 5 day "VIP" turnaround. No further contact apart from stating you were waiting parts. SONY WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT?????

skimpychimpy
Visitor

Things have gone from bad to worse for me...

I called them last Tuesday and was told that the parts wouldnt be in till Monday (12th) so I asked for someone to call me back to arrange a replacement. I was told I would be called within 24 hours.

24 hours passed and nothing, so called again and was told 48hrs.

Someone called ON the 48th hour (making this Thursday at 5pm) and was asked if I wanted a refund or replacement. I said I needed the tablet as I have alot of business in London this week which is one of the main reason I bought the thing! I was told he would see what he could do and call me back on Friday.

For once, they kept their side of the deal and I was called on Friday and told that I would have a new, replacement tablet on Monday.

So I called this morning to see if a replacement was on its way but was told I would need to speak to tecnical who had aranged this and as the bl00dy repair center doesnt have their number they requested a call back which obviously, has not happened. Well, Monday has been and gone and I have no tablet. I have had no other option but to make alternative arrangements for my work after much hassle as I dont have access to MY tablet.

This has now gone so far that I see no other possible solution but to get a lawyer invoved to seek compensation for their complete lack of regard for their customers and making promises that they cannot and have not filled.

If you are reading this Sony Customer Service - get in touch and try and save yourself some hassle from my lawyer!!

paulell45
Explorer

Well I got a incomprehensible message left on my answer phone this afternoon saying, I think, that the 'parts' were in and my tablet could be repaired and then returned to me. This is despite requesting a refund. Also as my tablet had two faults - the lack of water resistance plus a wireless problem - I'm not sure what fault the parts are being used for.

The language problem is pretty severe especially when discussing technical issues. In the meantime I've been asked to send all correspondence to Watchdog as per my thread http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/173953?tstart=0

Paul

skimpychimpy
Visitor

Another day, another call from Sony.

Now claiming the parts are still not in stock so cannot be repaired. No note of the replacement product I was promised (which should have arrived yesterday). Promised another call back tomorrow for an update...

tramman77
Visitor

Received call from Sony earlier today. All my parts are now in stock and I can expect the tablet back by the end of next week. So annoyed I missed the call, tried tweeting Sony in an attempt of an response but nothing.

paulell45
Explorer

In many ways this makes things worse in terms of the misleading information Sony have been giving. We were told tablets would be returned within 5 working days. They are telling you they now have parts but it's going to take 7 working days to get in back. And to be honest I don't believe anything Sony say about this recall.

tramman77
Visitor

Not holding my breath...

All I would like to do is speak to somebody at Sony UK about this, but it is nigh on impossible. Wish I had just gone for the Samsung Tab now

skimpychimpy
Visitor

I got "the call" today from the guy I lost it with yesterday and he has told me they now have the parts and I will get it back at the end of this week. I'm not holding my breath...

skimpychimpy
Visitor

Just spoken to them again Parts in stock but not due for repair until next week. This has taken the earliest return date at 22 days.

The woman on the phone told me that parts delivery time is usually 4 weeks so can understand why someone would tell me it would be turned around in 5 days.

This is absolutly ridiculous!

reg6ft3
Explorer

Sending mine in tomorrow, not hopeful of a quick turnaroung with all these posts!!! LOL