Join now - be part of our community!

Internal Storage (USB Storage) - Misc Help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Lesh30
Visitor

Internal Storage (USB Storage) - Misc Help

Hey guys.

Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed, but i couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

This question is in regard to the Internal Storage (USB Storage) section.

I'm really trying to understand this tablets storage system. Being on Android devices for some years now i thought I'd get it but with this I'm going crazy.

I have the 16gb Tablet S. What I get is there's the 'Internal Storage' which starts with 3.94gb and stores Apps.

Then there's the 'Internal Storage (USB storage)' which starts with 8.92gb and stores downloads, pics, vids, audio and misc.

What I'm not getting is what's in the 'Misc' section? Of my 8.92gb, Misc is holding 5.04gb of things. Unlike the other sections (downloads, pics, audio etc), when you press/touch 'Misc' nothing opens.

So I guess my full question is, what stores in the misc section, and how do I get to it so I can see and delete what I don't want as that's stopping me from doing what I want with my device in terms of adding more things for other areas of the USB storage section.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adammay77
Visitor

GOOD NEWS - Potentially.

I have just plugged in my tablet to my PC, rather than mess about with file manager on the tablet. In the video folder of USB Storage I just deleted four large video clips and hey presto my misc file went down from 6.14Gb to 4.23Gb.

Also, moving audio files from transferred over to music seems to work too.

As far as I can tell, move files from Video and transferred to appropriate folder on directory ie, Music or Pictures.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

I too have aound 5gb labelled 'misc'. Im guessing that this relates to system files and would possibly not be a good idea to remove

You could install file manager HD and use that to see whats stored where

Lesh30
Visitor

Thanks for answering. I'll check that out.

adammay77
Visitor

Same problem for me. My misc folder shows 6.1gb. Interestingly in the sony centre in leeds today, their 32gb unit showed only 2.5gb under misc! Of course, the guy in the shop didnt know why. I have got a number to try. Ill post again if I find out any more.

adammay77
Visitor

Ok, so I have just spoken to Sony. Apparantly the reason for the high memory storage under Misc is updating the android operating system to 3.2.1 (which is larger than 3.2 which it came with). I'm guessing you upgraded when asked a month or so back?

Misc contains all system folders so thats why you cant get in and see whats there (incase you accidently delete I guess).

Android 4 is coming in a few months so I dont know how much extra space that will use???

adammay77
Visitor

GOOD NEWS - Potentially.

I have just plugged in my tablet to my PC, rather than mess about with file manager on the tablet. In the video folder of USB Storage I just deleted four large video clips and hey presto my misc file went down from 6.14Gb to 4.23Gb.

Also, moving audio files from transferred over to music seems to work too.

As far as I can tell, move files from Video and transferred to appropriate folder on directory ie, Music or Pictures.

Lesh30
Visitor

Hey sorry I hadn't replied, was having problems logging in.

Thanks for the research, much appreciated. I'll connect it to my comp and see what's on there and move some things about.

Thanks again.