Join now - be part of our community!

My Z2 tablet wifi is completely dead

SOLVED
e_v_rything1
Visitor

My Z2 tablet wifi is completely dead

My Z2 tablet sgp511 is completely dead today when i try to switch it on not responding at all its dead 

and in addition to no charge. i wonder what happens 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@e_v_rything1

Connect the tablet to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let the tablet charge for 3 hours > even if it doesn't seem to be charging, let it charge for 3 hours > then report back. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Hampus
Champion

Hi,

Did you do anything special when this happend? You can always try to hold down the ON/OFF + volume up(+) button for 5-10 seconds to force a shutdown of your device to see if this can help.

e_v_rything1
Visitor

i tried this and nothing works

i dont know what you mean when you say anything special!!!  If you mean that i did bad use of the device i didnt 

7 months old device and doesnt work 

Hampus
Champion

No, I did not mean that you did something bad with your device. For example, if you installed any application, changed a setting or similar. But if there are no respond at all when you try to turn on Wi-Fi, I suggest that you perform a software repair via PC Companion:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

In PC Companion you press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > Repair phone/tablet (the blue clickable link in the message) > Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it.

Note that your personal data will be lost when doing this software repair, don't forget to make a backup.

e_v_rything1
Visitor

I didn't say that I have a software problem or problems with wifi
I have problem with the whole device I CANT SWITCH THE DEVICE ON IT
SEEMS TO BE BROKEN
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@e_v_rything1

Connect the tablet to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let the tablet charge for 3 hours > even if it doesn't seem to be charging, let it charge for 3 hours > then report back. 

Hampus
Champion

I apologize about the Wi-Fi part, I got confused by the title. But follow 

e_v_rything1
Visitor

Finally My tablet wanted some rest!  when i put it on jack today it started to charge

immediately. I made a fully charge of the tablet and now it seems that works fine.

Thank you for your usefull advise

e_v_rything1
Visitor

You don't need to apologize I understand that you have a lot of messages to answer with the correct solutions

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'm glad to hear that its working.