Join now - be part of our community!

No alerts received on my Sony Xperia z2

SOLVED
Ewen
Visitor

No alerts received on my Sony Xperia z2

I have an Xperia Z2 tablet  and at one time I received an alert for emails and a blinking light in the upper right hand corner.  My wife has a Samsung Tab A and she gets an alert for whatsapp and Instagram... I dont!

I took my tablet into the local Telstra shop (I bought it there) and an assistant mucked aroung in the "Options" and now I have no alerts or lights at all.  How can I restore and set alerts again?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Ewen

First check if you get notifications while on >>> safe mode

Ewen
Visitor

Thank you for your reply but how do I check on safe mode?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Ewen

ask someone to send you emails, or hangouts, or call you on hangouts, etc.

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi Ewen,

Welcome to the community,

Do you have any idea what Android version you are running on?

Menu > Settings > About phone > Android Version

Ewen
Visitor

I have Lollipop 5 on my Tablet. I am totally confused with regards to enabling/disabling alerts on my device.  The user manual states to slide the switch to the right to change its effect... it depends entirely on how the question is posed in the setup.  Sometimes I get the impression that a gray slider has disabled the item and on others a red slider has disabled the question

In the attached image the slider is blue, now have I muted alerts or have I enabled them either way I have no idea what is going on.

At one time I got a small light flashing in the upper right hand corner when a whats app or Instagram arrived but after the "expert" at my local Telstra shop (where I bought the tablet) fiddled with it I have nothing and I have no idea what she did.

To make matters worse I have no idea where I saved this frame from so I can't restore it to what it was.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Regards

slider.png

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Ewen

It will take a while to figure out what he did, you could uninstall all those apps > reinstall them > and check again, or you could just repair the tablet 

software repair

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Ewen
Visitor

There you go absolutely fabulous support from Sony who have now passed the buck to my local area support team.  Surely the Xperia Z2 works the sam in Argentina as it does in Bangkok and the instruction to overcome my problem is universally the same!

Very disappointing Sony very disappointing.

Regards.

Ewen
Visitor

Thank you uliwooly, there is nothing wron with my tablet all I need is for someone to tell me in simple terms how the switches work.

Thanks for your time, Regards

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Ewen

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience, the reason I've suggested to test the tablet on safe mode or reseting the tablet is bc maybe they installed a third party notification app that might be creating this problem.