Join now - be part of our community!

Price drop already.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bara-Kun
Visitor

Price drop already.

I notice today that the price of the tablet S has dropped by £50 on sony's own website.

Although I know price drops are inevitable and will encourage more tablets to be sold I am

a bit miffed that it has been dropped so soon after the launch date.

Any chance sony could do the honourable thing and offer some PS store, music or video credit

for those of us slightly miffed loyal buyers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alglais
New

I don't understand why people are so miffed.

When I did the research on this all reviews I read said the Tablet S was over priced and would struggle against the iPad2 at the starting price.

I knew that in all likelihood buying early on would result in me paying more than later adopters - however I bought it cos I wanted it available to me for some business trips.

Now the price drop has happened its just one of those things, if Sony want to give me something in compensation fine but I'm not gonna cry about it if they don't.

Buying the tablet when the industry clearly expected it to struggle and a price drop was likely was my choice just as it was for every one of us on this forum.

View solution in original post

54 REPLIES 54
chongsta.uk
Explorer

I just noticed this today! I'm pretty annoyed because I bought mine on the day of launch because I was assured this was going to be an amazing piece of tech.

After contacting my local store I had a number of promises made that have not been upheld.

Bring on the iPad 3!

heavygoods
Visitor

I bought mine from John Lewis - just called them and they said they'll refund the difference, as per their standard policy!

One of the many reasons I'll always buy my technology from them if at all possible.

smellyonion
New

well you guys can add me to the annoyed list, I purchased it close to launch from sony style store and I asked the guy if the price was going to drop anytime soon and he said no way until the next one is launched next year, just like the ipad, and dispite being the same spec the same as the motorola which was £100 cheaper. I went for the sony due to the fact I really do like the brand and have so many sony things, laptop, phone, tv

2 months after launch makes me really anoyed, we were promised dualshock 3 surport,never got it. cant expand memory. we were also promised free rentals on the video store and that didnt materialise. infact I can see why it failed, look at the lack of advertisement. must have seen one advert on tv in 2 months.

sony should really do something for the loyalists out there.

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

JL here as well Heavygoods; did you just call Customer Services?  Thanks for the heads up :wink:

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

This has been escalated so it can be looked into so will await any update on that.

Not going to stir the pot but let you know it will be looked into.

Message was edited by: Watashiwateshdes

Message was edited by: Watashiwateshdes

mpattenden
New

+1 here be interested to see what you find out Wata

It would be nice if they did do something I bought at launch as well.

Regards

Padster

lemurville
Visitor

@heavygoods. Did you buy your tablet from JL less than 28 days ago, so their "never knowlingly undersold" policy applied?

Gerdy2011
Visitor

I'm reasonably confident on Sony doing the decent thing ... I bought the 32Gb model at the local Sony Centre.  If John Lewis can look after their customers I'm sure Sony will sort out something.   ...wont they ?

dallenger
Visitor

My first post.

Been so tempted to buy since launch, but am really hanging on until the 3G version is launched. I can only hope that this price drop is in anticipation of the 3G version coming finally.

Sorry for all you guys who bought early, but if you know you're tech, you should know that things get reduced pretty quickly these days, and especially with christmas on the way.