Join now - be part of our community!

Price drop already.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bara-Kun
Visitor

Price drop already.

I notice today that the price of the tablet S has dropped by £50 on sony's own website.

Although I know price drops are inevitable and will encourage more tablets to be sold I am

a bit miffed that it has been dropped so soon after the launch date.

Any chance sony could do the honourable thing and offer some PS store, music or video credit

for those of us slightly miffed loyal buyers.

54 REPLIES 54
guitardavept
Explorer

I've just found out about the price drop today - great news! I'm going to hold out till after Christmas and see if it gets a further drop to £299 for the 16GB.

£50 off already - I can only assume sales have not been too good, but then again, that's what you get for pricing it the same as the ipad!

heavygoods
Visitor

@amillionbytes: I called customer services first, explained that I'd bought at the higher price and they told me to ring the store (as I'd bought in store).  So called Oxford Street and they said no problem, bring it in (to any store) and we'll refund you the difference.

@andyrlea: I'd bought mine exactly a month earlier from when I found out about the price drop and called the store; I was worried that it would need to be within 28 days, but the website said there was no time restriction on returns - for any reason.  I therefore though there must be no restriction on matching any price drops as you could simply return the item and purchase another.  When I called the store I specifically asked if there was any time restriction on refunding the difference and they said no.

So yesterday I took my receipt (and the tablet itself in case I got into a returns situation) and absolutely no problems - they were happy to refund me the difference - took about 2 minutes!  They really do have the most fantastic policy in that respect - almost unsustainable I would have thought, but certainly keeps me returning there again and again.

So in summary I'd had the device 33 days at the point I went into the store and received a refund of the difference with no issues whatsoever.

Like I said previously - just one of the many reasons I'd specifically look to buy from them rather than anywhere else.

:slight_smile:

Hostthedog
Visitor

Thanks for the heads-up - I bought mine on-line from JL in October.  After seeing your posts I contacted their customer service with my order number, and have had a £50 refund.  Nice!  :slight_smile:

lemurville
Visitor

@hostthedog what date did you purchase your tablet and what did you ask them? I called the John Lewis store where I'd bought my tablet but because I'd bought it  over 28 days ago (I bought it 29th September) they wouldn't offer to refund the difference.

Hostthedog
Visitor

@andyrlea - I ordered mine on 18th October, so this was over 28 days when I phoned yesterday.  I was unable to find any written policy on their website, so I simply rang customer support and asked whether they could refund the price difference.  After a couple of spells on hold this was authorised.  Hope that this helps. 

Gerdy2011
Visitor

Is the consensus that its only John Lewis customers that get the refund ... nothing for those who bought via the Sony Centres ?

lemurville
Visitor

John Lewis wouldn't refund the difference in my case. They stated that as my purchase was over 28 days, it was nearer 40 days, it wasn't covered by their price match policy. They also stated I could only return a product if it was unboxed or faulty. So my guess is that John Lewis will refund the difference if the purchase was made within 28 days of John Lewis dropping their price and, as seen above, will, at their discretion, refund the difference for purchases made within a few days over 28 days. I can't really argue with this position.

Which leaves everyone else at the mercy of Sony.

I echo the previous comments. This is very poor customer service from Sony and does not help them build loyalty. Video/Playstation games vouchers would go some way to rebuilding this. Plus it wouldn't really cost them.

I chose Sony over Apple as I wanted something different and innovative. Things like this make me regret my decision.

michaelstorf
Visitor

I to am annoyed at a price cut already. Sony needs to look at the loyal sony customers and let them know why Sony is number one.  I will never turn into a apple-ite but give us a break sony!

Gilly15
New

Come on Sony do the right thing - I brought mine on the 12th Nov only to see it £50 cheaper on the 17th. I got it from the Sony Center Basingstoke and am a little peeved!!

heronman68
Visitor

looks like im another person joining the long line of dissatisfied Sony customers losing out of 50 quid. I bought mine from PC world 2 weeks ago. ive contacted them and they are just saying its got nothing to do with them,goodthey just told me to contact Sony. which ive tried to do but no joy at all so far, just dont use this e-mail and when you ask which e-mail to use they all go very quiet. not good