Join now - be part of our community!

Problem updating firmware using PC Companion

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
rasmusloft
Explorer

Problem updating firmware using PC Companion

I've been notified that my tablet has a new firmware update "17.1.2.A.0.314" which can only be updated via computer.

But whenever I try to update the firmware using pc companion it is like the program freezes on approxemately one 5th of the progress of the innitialization process.

I usually have the same problem when i try to update my Z1 compact via PC Companion which is why i usually update through the ´phone/tablet it self, but that is hust not possible this time.

I have tryed to look through the forum ang found that the update service was the solution, but this service was shot down the 24th of July. http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Hope that someone knows how to fix this.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samuel1
Hero

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Have you tried using another computer? This to see if the problem is caused by the PC or the tablet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samuel1
Hero

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Have you tried using another computer? This to see if the problem is caused by the PC or the tablet.

DeGraaff
Contributor

It's a crying shame that SONY killed SUS, it was a great alternative that often worked for users who had errors with PCC.

profile.country.DK.title
rasmusloft
Explorer

I managed to update using my brothers computer.

Do you know what could be the problem since I can not use my own computer. 

My computer is a Vaio.

msisim1
Visitor

Hi!

I had the same problem, you must use Wi-Fi!

It's work for me!