Join now - be part of our community!

ROOTED AND ICS INSTALLED

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
longtreeroad
Visitor

ROOTED AND ICS INSTALLED

[Please be aware that rooting is not allowed on Sony products and will invalidate the warranty]

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Message edited due to rooting.

Tags (5)
18 REPLIES 18
longtreeroad
Visitor

DIY was really easy, just ensure you keep a copy of your original bootloader, incase you need to return the tablet for repair.

longtreeroad
Visitor

OK thats just daft now, I posted twice and both have been removed. Talk about big brother!

by the way the diy job went great. will be trying some custom stuff out over the next week.

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

I did it because I wanted to, not because of Sony

Rooting is a big draw for Android and one of the reasons a lot of people go for it. Most Android devices have been rooted, even the Android based Sony T1 e-reader.

I was following, with interest, the whole 'lets root the sony tablet' effort for some time. And finally decided to give it a go. Does it mean I can get free movies, books or music? No it doesn't. It makes the tablet just a bit better.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

longtreeroad wrote:

OK thats just daft now, I posted twice and both have been removed. Talk about big brother!

by the way the diy job went great. will be trying some custom stuff out over the next week.

Hi Longtreeroad,

both of the posts that you posted 2:43 (HERE) & the one above at 2:52pm appeared as soon as you posted them so nothing 'Big brother' or sinister is going on..:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I do feel that it's not worth getting upset over, if you are happy to root your device then that is your prerogative but I for one don't tend to rush into installing updates until I have checked for any adverse feedback, so I'm quite happy that the US tablet owners are testing  ICS out for me & to answer your poll I would fall into 4) How many really are not bothered? category..:smileygrin:

I also have to agree with Rich912 that Sony could have handled news of when  they plan to release the ICS update in Europe a lot better than they  have to date but as with several large company's these days they like to  keep things under wraps until just before release..

As to the moderation of your post, rightly or wrongly, had it not been for the moderation your post may have got lost within the many other threads. So let's look on the bright side & move on because I feel there is little more we as user can do to change the outcome now & hopefully Sony will release ICS in Europe very soon..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

According to the Sony US forums ICS will be released on 10th May in all regions around the world

welshrubberduck
Visitor

sehuxle wrote:

According to the Sony US forums ICS will be released on 10th May in all regions around the world

well by my clock its 16:59, 10th May and surprise surprise......... NO UPDATE!!! :angry:

then again they didnt specify which year...... :dizzy: only 365 days to ICS then if we are lucky!

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

I understand they have started now, but not yet in the UK. Fingers crossed it'll be soon

But you could have it now, only takes about 15/20 minutes:smileydevil:

profile.country.it_IT.title
sys.key
Visitor

see attachment

:slight_smile:Screenshot_2012-05-13-07-03-37.png

greetings from Italy, with ics.