Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 tablet touch screen issue

majki_one
Explorer

Xperia Z2 tablet touch screen issue

Hello
Since a few days i`m owner of Xperia Z2 tablet. What i noticed the screen sometimes recognise touch, but sometimes not. I wonder have anyone else has the same problem ?. I have newest drivers installed on it through PC Companion.

45 REPLIES 45
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi christophmuench,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

We have raised with one of our contacts within Sony in a hope that they can help, if, & when, we receive a reply we'll update this thread..

As you are new to the forum you may not be aware that the Sony Community is primarily a user support forum & almost all of the replies are from users like ourselves but occasionally Sony staff do respond but it can't be guaranteed..

If you want an official reply to a question then it's best to contact Sony direct via the following link - Contact Sony support  :slight_smile:

majki_one
Explorer

I just wonder do all people have the same issue?. Is it related to specific model/batch nb.?. My is 16GB Wi-fi. I will return my unit and the visit sony centre store to see how it works over there. I realy like this tablet and ts is only one issue that make my concern.

Hi.  I received my white 32Gb Wifi only Z2 yesterday and found I have exactly the same issues that have occurred from the beginning.  I find that sometimes when waking the unit the swipe to unlock doesnt work, I also find going into the app drawer via the dotted square button / area at the top right is very problematic.  Touch in general appears to be very poor.  My concern is that Sony is fantastic when you have a working product, however in the past if I have had issues, I have found Sony leave me out on a limb (I was told once that the resonance from my Sony TVs speakers was because the TV was designed to be in the middle of the room and not against a wall or in a corner of a room!!!).  I have come from an iPad V1 which has and still is faultless.  I have a Z2 phone on pre-order and now I am getting worried that the tablet may be rogue.  If it is a hardware issue then I want to be able to return the unit under the normal return period and not get into any of the usual Sony warranty issues I have experienced in the past.  I really hope this is software and a patch emerges very quickly, somehow I doubt it.

profile.country.NO.title
miskoog
Explorer

Hi,

I got the same problem. I touch the display and get no response, I then touch it a bit more firmly and it respond. I find this very annoying and will have to return it if there is no fix for it!

16gb wifi version.

SilverMerlin

Hi. I noticed on the net that Sony released a firmware update for the Z2 phone yesterday (4 April) see this. I wonder if they have done the same for the tablet as it is essentially just a larger screen version of phone?

majki_one
Explorer

I discovered that when you switch off stamina mode touch screen get more responsive. I think touch response issue might be caused by power management in tablet, so that would be software caused.
majki_one
Explorer

I just wonder is it because small battery capacity Sony reduced power distributed to display to gain some more work time.
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for posting majki_one.

Can others having problems check to see if turning off stamina mode helps?

(It's not a fix but it may make it more bearable)

flipside101
Explorer

HI All

IM having this problem as well i see it mostly , and quite seriously, when i have a micro USB cable in and the tablet is charging. Over on XDA it looks there is a report of  .55 firmware release in Taiwan/China that is said to fix this issue.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks flipside101 and welcome :slight_smile:

Just out of interest have you tried truning off stamina mode as mentioned in a post above to see if it helps a little?