Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 tablet touch screen issue

majki_one
Explorer

Xperia Z2 tablet touch screen issue

Hello
Since a few days i`m owner of Xperia Z2 tablet. What i noticed the screen sometimes recognise touch, but sometimes not. I wonder have anyone else has the same problem ?. I have newest drivers installed on it through PC Companion.

45 REPLIES 45
andrewjknox
Explorer

Problem for me too. Just contacted Sony about it. For a premium product, this should not be happening.

Occasionally my tablet screen will become completely unresponsive, for example, I'm trying to scroll down a webpage using Chrome I would need to touch the power button to turn off screen and then again to turn it back on to resolve the issue.

Also, every now and again, it won't respond to presses on the keyboard.

These issues don't happen all the time but a couple of times every day.

I'm using software version 17.1.1.A.0.402, model number SGP511GB so this is after the recent software release.

Trying to decide if I should send it back - would rather not as it's a great looking, slim and light device.

kripton76
New

Hi everyone
I seem to have the same issue I have a z2 with 16 gig and 4g capable. Sometimes I feel like I really need to hit the screen for. The tablet to select something on the screen.. Has anyone found a solution to this?
robbyeasy
New

I have the same problem and its getting annoying,

When i scroll it opens applications and everything with the touch screen isnt working properly.

Will sony fix this with an update ?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi all

Sony are aware of problems people have had, and asked anyone with any concerns to email them on an individual basis at:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

(see page 3 of this thread)

Did anyone mail them? If so is there any new info?

I believe someone on a different site has reported that by having root access and altering a system file it may make a difference but I can't recommend this. Hopefully an update will sort it out but I don't have any details.

Erlando7
Explorer

Same problems here.. And Sony says nothing....

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Erlando7 and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

This is a User / Fan based Community so Sony won't answer here.

Have you tried writing to the address in the post above?

dotie288
New

Today I got my Sony xperia z2 tablet and I have the same issue. I had Sony xperia z1 tablet before and I have never noticed any screen issue like this. Also I have noticed that sometimes while writing my screen is too responsible and I get double letters. 😕 Hope its gonna be sorted out soon.

Francis_Fogbound
Explorer

The question concerns a tablet so the menu options would be

settings > About tablet > .... but I'm no expert.....

aich69
New

Also having same issue...plus another.

My device will become unresponsive to touch, sometimes very slow but usually completely freezing up. Whilst typing a text yesterday I had to use the reset button [under charger port flap] to get the phone going again. Whilst the power button would bring up the shut down menu I was unable to to shut down with touvhing the option.

All software up to date, only had the phone a week. This is not what I expected with an upgrade to my Experia Z, was expecting a little bit more. Considering a complete hard reset to see if that helps.

kursion
New

Hi, i have thé same problem any news ?