Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z2 tablet touch screen issue

majki_one
Explorer

Xperia Z2 tablet touch screen issue

Hello
Since a few days i`m owner of Xperia Z2 tablet. What i noticed the screen sometimes recognise touch, but sometimes not. I wonder have anyone else has the same problem ?. I have newest drivers installed on it through PC Companion.

45 REPLIES 45
flipside101
Explorer

HI Jumpsuit,

Thankyou for the welcome :slight_smile:

I have tried it without stamina mode and it does help but still isnt really a fix. Im hoping this rumoured .55 firmware helps in all situations

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again :slight_smile:

I believe Sony are looking into this at the moment, but in the meantime can anyone having this problem with the Z2 Tablet get in touch with them at this address and they will try and help on an individual basis. Thanks.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

Accentor
Explorer

Just to say, I have the 32 GB wifi version and also experience random touch screen issues. The previous comment about turning off Stamina mode does help but does not fix it entirely.

I have contacted support. Hoping for a fix.

DjAddams
New

Hi. I have 16GB wi-fi version and i have touch screen issue too.sometimes don´t recognize touch... it is sw problem?have someone previous tablet z?is there this problem too and it is solved / repaired now?it´s chance to sony put fix on this issue?i made factory reset but the problem is still there... thx for help.only this issue.tablet is amazing overall...

MacMonkee
New

I've had my tablet for around a week now and an experiencing the same issue, I'm hoping it's software related and fixed with the rumoured impending firmware update.
Accentor
Explorer

Well Sony help was somewhat unhelpful. Suggested using Pc companion to reset the software,however I could not even get my Pc to recognise the tablet. On the plus side I did a factory reset and while not perfect it feels better even with stamina mode on. I feel happy enough now to not request a refund/replacement and for anyone else with the issue I feel pretty sure it's a software and not hardware issue.
profile.country.GB.title
atcde1

I've had my LTE version for a week now and am also experiencing random* touch screen problems. 

* As in not seeing a pattern yet, but I'm wondering if it's worse on dark areas on the screen. Probably a stupid observation, but I'll keep an eye on it

I recieved mine today and i'm having the same issue. I found that it was most noticable on the app "Magic Piano" by Smule. It struggles HUGELY with the multi tapping of the game and fails to pick up on the contact. Mine is the 32gb Wifi version and i've not got Stamina mode on at all! Like anyone else here, any help would be greatlfully accepted.

profile.country.GB.title
atcde1

Either I'm getting used to it, or it's not a problem any more. 

Martpac
Explorer

Hawing same issue i think its hapens after heavy usage of tablet its helps to restart tablet works again fine for some time again i think its just a software issue ....