Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Android TV - Blank Screen issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

2015 Android TV - Blank Screen issue

Hi all

Im creating a breakaway thread for this particular issue -away from the general chatter thread. 

In a nutshell, Sony require more information from the community in order to diagnose and ultimately find a solution.

Questions:

1. What model TV does this occur on
  2. Does it happen on certain connected devices or just viewing tv (Freeview)
  3. If so, what devices (make/model) and how is it connected to the TV.
  4. What other devices do you have connected to the TV - HDMI or ?
  5. Have you identified a pattern for when this happens or is it seemingly random

I know some of you have answered this before, so appologies - the more people that can provide information, the quicker and more likely it can be resolved.

Thanks all.

85 REPLIES 85
lesking70

Hi 

I actually experienced a blank screen earlier, first time this has happened,  I had been watching a film on my ps4 via hdmi,  I powered down the ps4 left the room came back and the tv was on indicated by the blue light under the Sony logo, but screen was blank it hadn't switched back to freeview, I couldn't do anything, my only option was to switch off at the wall, since then it has been okay, I have the ps4 connected and a Sonos playbar via optical, as this is the first time there is no pattern I will update if it happens again tv model is kd55x8507c I also have lip sync issues through Netflix and YouTube,  and the tv will randomly restart itself there is no pattern to these restarts.

john.pringle

I have a55 x8509 and when I turn to on from standby a blank screen comes on with  just audio from selected source  it happens with free view and from my skybox  holding the remote and powercycling fixes the problem but since the update I have had to reboot everyday   Hope you can sort this out because I like this tv   Yours John Pringle.  Ps I have a pioneer receiver lx 86 connected in hdmi 4 

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

Answers:

1. Model KDL-43W805C
  2. it happened watching Freeview only once, at the time it started after system response really slowed down after a lot of remote control activity. 
  3. Just Freeview
  4. At the time I had Sky+HD box and Apple TV both connected via HDMI to ports 4 and 3. I also have a Blueray disk player connected to HDMI 2 but that was powered off at the time. 
  5. No pattern detected as only seen once, but I could only recover by unplugging power as the set was not responding to remote. 
Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

1. What model TV does this occur on KDL - 55X850c
  2. Does it happen on certain connected devices or just viewing tv (Freeview) - TV with Sky HD Box
  3. If so, what devices (make/model) and how is it connected to the TV. SKY HD - R012.079.50.00P - HDMI in to Sony 1050 AV receiver then HDMI ARC on amp connected to HDMI 4 on TV
  4. What other devices do you have connected to the TV - HDMI or ? Sony PS4, Sony 1050 AV, Sony BDP -S5500, Sky HD, Apple TV, Apple Mac Mini. Everything plugged in to AV then sent to HDMI 4 on TV via arc HDMI on receiver.
  5. Have you identified a pattern for when this happens or is it seemingly random - When waking from sleep by tapping the Sky button on Sky remote.

Hope this helps!

Nibor99

For three evenings in a row when I have tried to turn my KD43X8039CBU off I get the blank screen of death with sound!!

Fitting new batteries did not help.

Using another Sony remote did not work so I am assuming it is the TV at fault.

I found that the only picture I can get is the Home screen (by pressing the power button). Using this I scrolled to settings/about/information/reset/yes  -----  after a reset the TV worked OK and switched off as it should.

During the day I regularly tested the TV on / off and had no problems (leaving it on for upto two hours at a time) - so why should it wait until bedtime to make a nuisance of itself??

deko_kal
Explorer

have the same problem. Twice in a week.

kd43x8308 4k

Anonymous
Not applicable

@deko_kal if you could add a bit more info, it would be appreciated.

deko_kal
Explorer

ok. ( sorry for my English :wink: )

model kd43x8308 4k.

One week owner . Connect three devices. HDMI 1 my dreambox , in HDMI 2 my media player , pocornhour A100 and in usb logitech keybord.

When i switch on for the first time . i made the last update and after 2 days use have the problem. Reset and everything ok but last night same problem. Contact with customer support  008844121496 and they told me to disconect anything , leave the tv out of power one hour for discharge and open it.

I'll make it when i return from work.

Any update for this ??

profile.country.GB.title
ricsmith5

Model 49x8305c connected via hdmi ports to sony blueray player, humax freesat recorder, now tv box.

have just started to experience blank screen with audio episodes just after start up when changing channel via tv or selecting tv guide, not always but will not resume to display without a full power down.

a few times when changing from humax back to digital tv the same occurred, again a full power down was required to resolve issue.

Most say thank you for the latest firmware update, has improved the overall performance no end, fingers crossed for youview!