Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

Thanks. I'm going to try quinicus' suggestion first.  If it doesn't work I'll come back to yours.

elraouk

Anyone else having an issue with the input source showing twice on the home page?

I disabled all inputs, apart from HDMI1 (which has Sky connected to it) to which I added a custom label "Sky".  On the home page I see "HDMI1 - Sky" (with an HDMI symbol) and "player_3" (with a console looking symbol).

Selecting Sky takes me to Sky, selecting player_3 gives me an error and nothing happens.

Looked on the bug list @Anonymous is maintaining (thanks), but didn't see it on there.

HairyFool

Anybody know how to clean up unwanted programs or just the home screen.

So much junkware that will never be used.

Spoiler

TrevorCStevens
Explorer

I also see my sky box and panasonic dvd/dvr repeated on the input selection but not my bt tv box for some reason.  Never worked out why.However all systems can be selected from any of the icons.

Sent from Samsung Mobile
TrevorCStevens
Explorer

Having a closer look at it and it would appear that the devices repeated are those in the Bravia sync list of devices. Assume th BT TV box is not a Bravia Sync supported device. Still does not explain why they are repeated or help you understand why you get the error.

TrevorCStevens
Explorer

Thanks to rustyk1 for suggestion but did not make a difference. Interesting I don't appear to be alone with issue. Awaiting feedback from Sony.

Sent from Samsung Mobile
scoopy6

@HairyFool wrote:

Anybody know how to clean up unwanted programs or just the home screen.

So much junkware that will never be used.

Spoiler

Found that in the apps section they can be disabled

49X8309C in uk
elraouk

@TrevorCStevens thanks for that.  Had thought it might be something to do with Bravia Sync as player_3 does sound like something that the TV might assign based on the comms between the two.  Is annoying as it adds even more clutter to the over cluttered home screen, especially as the duplicate inputs don't work for me!

@Anonymous - can you add this to your bug list please.

profile.country.GB.title
Folkfanger

Yes I have the same on my brand new sony. At least two inputs are doubled like yours. Tried rearranging and renaming. still there. Also I wanted my sat box at the top to make it easy to toggle between it and tv but wherever I put it its allways my blue rae that shows at the top of the inputs.

profile.country.GB.title
Shalendran

If any of you have lost the ‘ACTION MENU' go to settings and click on initial setup. You can skip the tuning process however.