Join now - be part of our community!

3D function on KD-55X8509C

nwa1200sd
Explorer

3D function on KD-55X8509C

Although it has worked previously the 3D function on my Sony KD-55X8509C no longer works. Using either the Action Menu or Settings:display the option to turn 3D on no longer functions, it is set to "off" and cannot be changed, 3D content cannot be played either from a USB or from 3D content on Youtube although both have worked previously. Is the issue linked to the recent software update or is there a fault with my TV?

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have just tested the 3D on my KDL-43W805C tv using a clip from YouTube (see pics below).  The 3D option is in the Action menu and can be turned on.  I can only suggest a factory reset.  If that fails, can you provide more information.  Such as which youtube clip?  If its a 4K 3D demo, then this will not work.

Cheers

DSCN0702.JPG

DSCN0703.JPG

DSCN0704.JPG

DSCN0705.JPG

nwa1200sd
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I have tried a factory reset but still no 3D.  The 3D clips from Youtube that used to play fine no longer do. Then 3D food fight did work very effectively in 3D previously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h52AN-xV1d8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

Im going to report the issue to Sony, as you arnt the only one.  Another thread is :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/unable-to-turn-on-3d-mode/td-p/211612

I have a feeling the issue is isolated to 4K model/s

Cheers

nwa1200sd
Explorer

Thanks. I've also been in touch with Sony Support, they were unable to solve the problem via a telephone diagnostics test and a factory reset. The issue has been "escalated"by Sony and I am now waiting for an engineer call out/repair.

nwa1200sd
Explorer

Just an update. The local designated Sony TV engineers came and had a look but couldn't do anything. They seemed to think it was a software update issue and that Sony might issue a patch. Engineers said they would report back to Sony and then get back to me. I have found that the 3D function does appear on the Action Menu drop down when playing 3D through the TV's Video app but doesn't appear in the drop down list when playing 3D through the VLC app. As a further development two pairs of 3D glasses that worked perfectly well previously will now not register.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thanks for the update.  I can confirm that this is on Sony's 'Todo' list.

Cheers

nwa1200sd
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for this.

As a further update, DBS, the Sony locally designated TV engineers have
told me that after their visit Sony has been in touch. DBS rang me with a
number of questions that Sony required answers to including:

- Are the batteries in the 3D glasses flat
- What sort of content was I trying to view
- Was there an obstacle between the TV and the glasses

Can't say that these sort of questions fill me with any confidence that
Sony are addressing the issue.

Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This is a classic case of the lack of communications between departments 😞

Cheers

nwa1200sd
Explorer

Latest text from DBS local Sony TV engineers, dated 8 March: "We are currently waiting technical information regarding your Sony KD-55X8509C 3D problem"