Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia can't disable Daydream

SOLVED
rasmus.franke
Explorer

Bravia can't disable Daydream

Recently bought a Bravia for the purpose of displaying a browser based dashboard at our office, running all day only turning it off at nights/weekends. However, Bravia forces daydream at "inactivity", with timers only going up to max 1h. So basicly we have to touch the remote every hour. If daydream is "disabled", the TV turns off instead after 60 minutes.

Is there any solution to this? Seems very weird for a modern TV not to have such basic options.'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LaurenceHerbert
Explorer

Guys,

A workaround for this problem is here - 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/remove-daydream-android-tv-sony-quot-solution-quot/td-p/...

Thanks very much to Quinnicus and LucasdaMata

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

@rasmus.franke

Hey,

Have you tried any of the following options.....

1) Press the Home button, scroll to the bottom, select "Timers" and check "On Timers" are "Off".

2) Still in the "Timers" options, check "Sleep Timers" are "Off".

3) Press the Home button, scroll to the bottom, select "Settings" scroll right until at "Daydream" and select it. I have never changed these settings, so will just say what they are as is... "Daydream"="Backdrop", "When to daydream"="After 1 hour of inactivity" "When to sleep"="Never"

4) In "Settings" scroll right (or left if you have just come out of Daydream options) to "Power" and select it. Only one option to select "Eco", select that! Make sure "Power saving" is "Off" and "Idle TV standby" is "Off"!

I am having a guess that the 4th option is the cause of your problem ;o)

Let me know if any of the options fixed it and by marking this as the solution to your issue.

Incase my personal guess is right, I drink only the finest whiskey ;o)

Hope one of those options help!

rasmus.franke
Explorer

Hi,

Already have those exact settings, i´ve tried every reasonable option that exists! Im guessing the big issue is that having the browser open counts as inactivity, as if I was in the main menu or something. Sadly doesn't work.

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

Damn!  Thought I had it!

Are you using a PC connected to the TV or just the internal Opra app?

rasmus.franke
Explorer

The internal Opera browser. The problem might be solved using a external device, but we got the android tv just to avoid that

profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

I am assuming you have a Google account? Personally, I think the Opera browser is rubbish. You could login on a PC with the account that you are signed into on the telly, go to the play store and install chrome from there to the TV! (The play store on the TV does not have chrome for some reason)

This is just brainstorming though, because I have no idea if using the chrome browser instead will have a different result of preventing the TV going into sleep!

I have this problem too.

I rotate URLs within a single peice of HTML using a JAVA script which was the thing I was worried about most when implementing this display as a Dashboard.  However, this works fine, after being the main worry I had in regards to compatibility!  It was only after a few days I noticed that images kept appearing on the screen and on further investigation I am unable to disable Daydream mode.  I had planned on purchasing another 10 of these for installation around the offices of the company I work for.

Just seen on another area of the Sony website that you can access Settings, within the Settings menu, then TV, then turn off Daydream mode.  I cannot recall seeing this section at all, but will try on Monday when I'm back in the office.  I've also logged a support ticket with Sony, as its ridiculous when a feature like this cannot be turned off.... CRAZY!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

This issue has been added to the current faults and issues list.  Any updates received will be posted back in the following thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2040020

Cheers

rasmus.franke
Explorer

Can confirm that the issue also applies to other browsers (tried with chrome the slightly hackish way).

Andy-R
Explorer

is this for real! i just bought a w807c and im going to have to press a button every hour!! most films are longer than that, some films id have to press twice. i spend a lot of my free time gaming, the last thing i want to have to do is keep leaning over and hitting buttons on the remote. i had the prompt appear last night while i was in the middle of a race. please Sony, an option to turn this off completely. i will set my tv to turn off after X hours of inactivity... i dont need it daydreaming on top of that.

i hope this issue will be addressed out side of the app stuff. i dont use any of that. its doing it via hdmi while im using my PC.