Join now - be part of our community!

Now TV App

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Now TV App

Hi,

does anyone know if Sony/ Google intend to place a Sky Now TV app on Bravia Android TVs?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately it is not up to Sony - I wish it was, because I want this too!  

Anyhow, this is up to the NowTV team to implement.  I would suggest contacting them as like many things, the more 'expressions of interest' they get, the more likely they will spend a little £££ to implement this.

According to the NowTV Team on their forums:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Android/Will-there-be-a-native-for-Sony-Android-TV/td-p/308068

_20160629_185311.JPG

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi,thanks for the speedy reply.There is a Now TV Android App on Google Play Store. Why can't this be placed either in the Android TV Google Play store or on the Home screen of my Bravia TV. Surely this is a Sony issue not Now TV?ThanksRegardsTerry
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

Unfortunately it really is NowTV/Sky.  The app must support the 'leanback' launcher on these Android TVs and be adapted from touchscreens to remote control usage.

Ive made a post on the NowTV forums and linked it to this thread :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

This post looks encouraging (note the date at the top) - even though it lacks confirmation:

NowTV.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Quinnicus,

excellent thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

The box is £15, or NowTV can be cast from pretty much any smartphone or tablet to the built-in Google Chromecast in these TVs.

So I hope no-one who wants NowTV is waiting till Sky maybe make it available for these sets, except perhaps that if/when it does appear, it makes accessing it a trifle easier 🙂

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Anonymous
Not applicable

So after all this waiting there is another box or casting - Now you tell me :grin:

Nahh seriously - I use my PS4 to access it (when I get it that is.  IPL 2017 Cricket in a few months ! )  :slight_smile:

index.jpg

Has anyone found any Sony TVs that have the Now TV app? It seems strange that Now TV use a sony TV as the device in the removal example when they can never be added!!!!  https://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices