Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV : Discussion Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV : Discussion Thread

Hello All

Due to the closure of that massive Android TV thread, if you wish to discuss anything related to Android TV, please do so in this thread.  Please do not post issues and problems - purely discussion only.

If you have issues or problems, please create a thread in the Android TV board:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/bd-p/Android_TV

Cheers

26 REPLIES 26
jack32467

Is there an updated date for the Marshmallow update? Some models in the US are shipping with it now 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The models listed for the 2016 Marshmallow update are the ones that had Marshmallow pre-installed from factory - hence the same case for the US.  We will get the update, but its unknown when at this moment.

Ubhin1000
Explorer

Hello all, I am new to this thread and found it after google search for solutions to my Sony Android problems. 

I have these two issues amongst many other and would appreciate it if anyone else can confirm they also experience it:

(1) I am so disappointed with the lack of brightness in dark scenes. The best solution seems to be turning on

(adv. contrast enhancer to HIGH). However the issue is the picture keeps changing from bright to dark and vice versa constantly. 

Anyone with this issue??

(2) iif you view the picture from an angle it looks awful. Really really bad. Bad colour and contrast. 

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

Sony finally got embarrassed by the size of this thread, did they?

Pluralizing the immortal words of that old, miserable, snooker commentator- Clive Everton - 'they've only got themselves to blame'!

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hi angelacr,

is this the thread that you are looking for https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/td-p/1949079  ?

Regards

Ah sorry, I see that it has indeed been closed :flushed: Soz !

If it ain't broke don't fix it
sassbs
Explorer

so Sony are still ignoring all the issues with these TV's and the lack of 4K and other working features, the Xbox One S states that the TV is not 4K during setup. Still no 5.1 in apps (A Sony issue according to Google, not an app issue as Sony claim).

TV's that stop responding until a reboot, lisync issues this is the worst TV i have ever bought I won't ever buy Sony again. It's about time Sony actually provided some support for the issues consumers have had with these instead if ignoring them constantly!

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I presume people have seen this already?

UPDATE: Juddering issue on Sony 4K TVs when using a UHD Set-top box – 30. September

30 September 2016

UPDATE: If you're currently experiencing this issue, we recommend downloading the latest firmware (ver.3509) which is available on our support site

Unaffected customers are not required to download this update.

We thank you for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

ezeest

Surely if this corrects a fault in the firmware, everyone should update their sets, kind of worries me that they don't want everyone to do it! Could there be a risk in updating to this firmware and will it have some adverse effect? It doesn't matter if everyone doesn't have a UHD STB at the moment, they may do in the near future, so this should be a general update for all their sets.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The way I see it is - if your not effected by the juddering issue, then theres no point in wasting your time/effort in doing a FW update.  It will be added at a later date 'automatically' in anothe firmware update anyhow (more likely in the next release, Marshmallow)