Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV : Discussion Thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV : Discussion Thread

Hello All

Due to the closure of that massive Android TV thread, if you wish to discuss anything related to Android TV, please do so in this thread.  Please do not post issues and problems - purely discussion only.

If you have issues or problems, please create a thread in the Android TV board:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/bd-p/Android_TV

Cheers

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

My TV still experiences the colour temperature fault that plagues many: TV goes to standby, it forgets that you picked color temperature expert 1 and when you turn it on... It's all bluish. I hate this.

Then, also, I noticed that, for my surprise, the toslink light , the optical red light on the back of the TV is not turning off after 8 minutes that the TV is off. This thing might as well be on all the time and I don't even know it.

What a crappy bad made device uh??? I am amazed.

profile.country.GB.title
FlammableD
Explorer

My kdl-50w805c won't turn on anymore. It was fine, then I came up in the morning to turn it on and it is constantly bootlooping at the spinning circles.

I've tried power reset, leaving it unplugged for over 12 hours with every input unplugged, attatched it to the wall and it still loops. 

I also tried loading the firmware on a USB and plugging it in, but it isn't booted.

Anything else I can try? I sent Sony a message yesterday but no reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @FlammableD

If the TV is constantly in a "bootloop", then the only fix is to contact an authorised Sony repair centre in order for them to fix it.

See:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
FlammableD
Explorer

Thanks. That page unfortunately says to contact Sony Service Helpdesk, so I guess I have to wait for them to come back!

jack32467

@Anonymous is there any timescale for the Marshmallow update? It's been available in the US for a while now - and even a rough timeline would be good? ie. first quarter 2017.

The lack of communication on these issues is poor - the update was announced over a year ago now!

I know you're always getting it in the neck and its appreciated, really I'm surprised that no one from sony bothers to check on these boards when they are published under the sony logo and branding

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jack32467

I am not allowed to release any information in regards to Marshmallow (Android 6.0) that has been passed in confidence to me.  However there is a general timescale for release.

Sony do read or browse these forums from time to time.  They wont read everything, but only a set few are allowed to post or respond.  If there are major issues or concerns either the official moderators pick it up, or people with the label "Expert" will flag it for Sony's attention.

In regards to communication - I fully agree with you.  Its been a poor show from Sony in regards to any communications - this continues to be one of my main complaint to Sony. 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
paulryan37

Marshmallow updated at the weekend in the UK