Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.fr_FR.title
moimael
Visitor

Hi,

A improvement would be to allow searching in the DLNA view. When you have a big movie or music library, it's very long to scroll the entire list. Allowing to search with the remote (using the digit 2 - abc, 3 - cde, ....) would be great !

Thanks !

woodface7
Explorer

Since I can find no other way of contacting forum moderators, I'll use this thread to ask why this is the only forum I know that doesn't let one choose how many posts per page to view?

Partly thanks to the wasteful/spacious layout, I'm constantly changing pages. Which takes an age on some devices. Please make it more configurable.

And then I'll let you know how to make next year's Bravias perfect. :slight_smile:

-Cass-
Explorer

Hi Woodface7,

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll see that it's passed on. :slight_smile:

Many thanks

Lisa

WallyZebon
Visitor

I've thought of another one.

Now and Next.

When changing channels only the current program details are displayed.  My last two freeview boxes (and my two other TVs) all show what is on now and also the next program on this channel.  At present I either have to use the TV guide or press the info button twice.  I want to know whats coming on next when I'm flicking through the channels.

Should be a relatively simple fix.

dethoma2493
New

I tried to view one of the new IPTV Freeview channels on 110/111/112,on Saturday night channel 112,the TV was connected to the internet.

I have the Sony KDL-40EX403,I was unable to view this channel,or any of the others,come to that.

These new services require that Freeview kit to be D Book 6.2.1  compliant,which my TV is not,it would seem.

Will Sony offer a software update,to bring my television,up to the standard required to view these new IPTV services?.

Message was edited by: dethoma2493

Message was edited by: dethoma2493

support_regular
Visitor

testisot

Crapjokes
Visitor

I have to press 3d, then options, then select the 3d format I want.

All a bit fiddly to be honest as it's the same every time. Is it possible to record a macro or set default setting on Bravia tv's that mean the user can store their favourite 3d settings so that when 3d is pressed it comes up automatically ?

Thanks

CJ

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Corrected the thread title..

Bladettes1981
Visitor

more widgets;

spotify

facebook

itv player

4od

maybe even google like the wii has so you can search the interenet properly.....

sabih10001
Visitor

I have some advices to people:

1. For all those who asked about jump(revert) option, i want to tell them that this feature is available in all sony       tvs. all you have to do is to buy a new china remote. i recently bought a made in china copy of sony remote       it has even more buttons for example jump button, favorite button , youtube button etc.

2. Sony tvs are capable of handling mkv files but only problem is that they dont support aac codec. all you have     to do is to change the container format to mpeg2 it will take 2-3 minutes to convert a movie file.

just download MKV2VOB

HERE: http://www.mkv2vob.com/showthread.php?tid=1

3. For people who asked about subtitles there is a solution but only for xvid/divx files.

just download this software it will hard sub your file within 2 minutes.

here: http://www.calcitapp.com/AVIAddXSubs.php

Regards.

KDL-CX520
Visitor

sabih10001 wrote:

I have some advices to people:

2. Sony tvs are capable of handling mkv files but only problem is that they dont support aac codec. all you have     to do is to change the container format to mpeg2 it will take 2-3 minutes to convert a movie file.

just download MKV2VOB

HERE: http://www.mkv2vob.com/showthread.php?tid=1

3. For people who asked about subtitles there is a solution but only for xvid/divx files.

just download this software it will hard sub your file within 2 minutes.

here: http://www.calcitapp.com/AVIAddXSubs.php

Regards.

Hello Sabih,

Thank you for sharing us this information

Concerning point #2 : i believe Sony NOT capable to playing any type of mkv container , and it is not related to aac code. As example:   i moved one mkv file to USB , its audio codec was MPEG Audio (not aac) and simply i re-named the file from mkv to mpeg , the result not playing

Concerning point# 3 :  We still need the subtitle play as standard feature for all 2011 sold models. Without the need of using any additional software. The SRT file type is the most popular one. I wonder how Sony ignored the importance of subtitle and they know in advance that  many TV users have different nationality

Thank you again