Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.en_IE.title
juliosefu
Explorer

ill be nice a browser with flash player plus a update to change menu which is horible and laggy and a channel to show people how to calibrate tv  

profile.country.PT.title
ciberboynuno
Explorer

Hi

I have a SONY BRAVIA KDL-32W705B and I would like to know when a frimware upgrade will be done in order to allow the TV to support SRT files (subtitles) for movies over DLNA.

Thanks

profile.country.PT.title
ciberboynuno
Explorer

I dont think that ripping a movie is the correct fix for the issue...

But it's nice to know that there's a woraround for it.

profile.country.PT.title
ciberboynuno
Explorer

Hi

What are you using to stream the subtitles over DLNA?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ciberboynuno 

You can stream srt files over DLNA via a program called Serviio.  See : HERE for details.

Cheers

Mr_Sony_User
Explorer

Hi All.

I've like to see the ability to turn off 'TV Volume is fixed' screen message from the Bravia range via a FW upgrade, for those of us using an external audio device to improve the sound.

While I'm at it, I'd also like the ability to sort the on board SAT channel numbers to match either SKY or FREESAT, my KDL32W705B seems to number them from 0001 onwards, no relation to any other satellite range (if that makes any sense?). This means more numbers to remember unless you spend hours rearranging them - like I did! This wouldn't be so much of a problem but the EPG doesn't seem to work correctly and we have to use a bespoke guide supplied by Sony that requires the TV to have a constant internet connection to work to be able to find the channel you require.

I'll post any more issues as I come across them, there are bound to be some more!

profile.country.SE.title
Midaz45645735684684567465

Hello I have a Xperia phone and a Bravia set.

I can control the TV with the phone without problems.

I would like to be able to receive an "Incoming call" or

"New sms" notification on the set whenever I am watching

TV, browsing YT etc..

A small icon could be displayed with a beep whenever there

is an incoming call.

-Peter

krasimirm
New

Hi, 

Adding external subtitles support when streamed via DNLA would be extremely helpful, as without it using NAS is not of much help. Other brands (Samsung) have this functionality. 

Regards 

freakgib
Explorer

i would like to see more option for multi view

example i have the KD 65X8505B when my son is gaming with his friend using split screen they use the multi view gaming glasses to get there own full screen view

now it would be very cool if i can do the same when i am watching TV and my son is for example gaming on the PS3/PS4 

now we only have the option pic&pic or Pic on pic

giving us split screen and then using the 3D option to make it full screen using the multi view gaming glasses would be cool and handy

as for sound on the PS3/4 u can  use a headset so we have our own sound when using the TV.

i hope something like this is possible.

Greets

Gert

mpiovar
Explorer

Hi,

I have SONY BRAVIA KDL-40W605B and I am (like a lot of other people) also very interested when or even if Sony will release firmware upgrade to support external SRT subtitles over DLNA (like for example Samsung).

Thanks.