Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
Studio007
Explorer

I have 6 Bravia TVs.

The latest one being a 8509 UHD with Android.

I usually ended up with a PC attached or Chromecast to get user friendly YouTube etc. access.

Now the voice control Google Search for YouTube and built in Google Cast in the 8509 is great.

But for the last 40 years home viewers flick between stations and inputs while sources continue to play or pickup where they left off (if we pause the source device ourselves).

It takes away a huge amount of the usability of the YouTube or Google Cast apps if they reset the file they play to the start of the clip every time you flick to another input.

I want to be able to pickup where I left off, or let a clip contiune playing while I check something on another input. Right now it's still easier to use a Chromecast than the 8509's inbuilt players as the built in players have less functionality in the vital areas.

Also an ability to type in a min:sec "jump to point" for clips would be a huge improvement.

Thanks!

adyjay33

My request is a TV that works properly, guess thats a request a little too far though...

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
whistlerpro
Explorer

Bluetooth Headphone Support

I recently bought some new Sony wireless headphones (ZX330BT) and then a Sony Bravia TV (KD-49X8005C). While the TV does appear to have bluetooth support it does not support wireless headphones. This is especially annoying as they are both Sony products and there is a headphone socket on the back of the TV for old fashioned headphones! 

Is there a chance support can be added in a future update? It really seems like something that should just work.

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Jamsah

How can I display a full album art - embedded into the MP3 audio - on SONY BRAVIA KDL-32EX343, please?

1.jpg

At the moment, TV displays album art (with other info). But the image of the album art is very small picture in the middle of TV screen. This always happens regardless of original album art size; 480x155, 720x232 and 960x310 all displayed equally on TV screen.
But I wish the album art to fit the entire screen of the TV.
Please, see an illustrated image attached for full details.

On the other hand, when album arts are displayed as a 'photo' the images fill the TV screen despite their size differences; this is exactly what I wish to happen when I play the MP3 files.

Thanks.

PS;
This can be easily solved with a quick, new Firmware Update?

profile.country.GB.title
Jamsah

How can I display a full album art - embedded into the MP3 audio - on SONY BRAVIA KDL-32EX343, please?

MP3 AlbumArt on SONY BRAVIA TV

Like the bottom picture.

Thanks

Studio007
Explorer

Bluetooth Headphone compatibility

+1

Fix Googlecast/Chromecast excessively short timeout which loses playlist queue

+1

Allow switching between inputs while still holding place in YouTube app video. So you can watch a YouTube video and flick to your cable input then flick back.

+1

profile.country.NL.title
tomnobbe
Explorer

Make it possible to hide the "TV volume fixed" message when setting the audio to external and fixed. When using a third party soundbar which can be controlled with the tv's remote, you get the "TV volume fixed" message on your screen every time you change the volume. But you chose that setting on purpose, so it's not necessary to see it appear in your screen all the time. It would be nice if there were a setting to disable the message from appearing.

profile.country.GB.title
stuhac

I have just bought the Bravia KDL43WE753. The problem I have is with Sony's implementation of the Optical Out functionality, which will not output 5.1 signals if the "TV Speakers/ Audio System" setting is set to "TV Speakers" (it becomes hard-coded to PCM in the settings). We use the TV speakers for programs like the news, where our 5.1 AV system is overkill. However, when we watch movies or Netflix, we want to be able to use the 5.1 setup. If I turn off the TV Speakers, my wife is not happy being forced to use the AV system. If the TV speakers are turned on, Netflix etc. is limited to PCM where I want full 5.1 surround. Switching the TV Speakers on and off is buried in the settings (Home - Settings - Setup - AV setup - TV Speakers/ Audio System) - about a dozen clicks. I'm currently having to do this every day to get the functionality I want, and and I'm finding it very frustrating. Please can you either: (1) Allow the "Auto 2" Optical Out option to be enabled when the setting is "TV speakers" (I don't know if this is technically possible, but this would be the ideal solution for me), or; (2) Put the "TV Speakers/Audio Out" selection somewhere that's easier to access (maybe in Options - Audio, or even better on the Home page?), so that it isn't so frustrating to switch.

Hi Sony

I am dissapointed you’ve not yet implemented Dolby Vision HDR to the XE85 range

When I purchased the KD-65XE8596 from John Lewis in December 2017, it said HDR - it did not say there would ‘not be Dolby Vision’

As this TV series has the ‘X1 4K HDR Processor’ i belive with the anroid platform and the quad core processor onboard the tv - these TV sets should be capable of Dolby Vision HDR in 4K mode

gk-rhodes
Explorer

I have a KDL-43WD750 with firmware v8.213-1000-1.330-1. Here are a few functionality shortcomings I have spotted when using the remote control:

1. When the TV is off and I press a number on the remote, the TV after turning on shows not the channel associated with this number but the channel that was showing during the last turn off.

2. When turning the TV on, then change channel and then press the "previous channel" button (the small button above the mute button), the TV does not revert to the initial channel. It only works after I change the channel once more.

3. It would be very helpful, after pressing the "GUIDE" button, to be able to choose something from the programme, that will start after some time, so that the TV automatically switches to that, if in the meantime, I'm watching something else.