Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
profile.country.GB.title
Nuke144
Explorer

Only had one Bravia TV and was already dissapointed.

Seems what I want is a standard feature on the android models, but buying an XF70 meant I was unable to disable the info banner from popping up, which meant every time I was playing my PS4 it would pop up during trophies, menu changes, starting games, etc.  Seems sensible to include in all models, and not leave one lagging behind.

profile.country.GB.title
Pat100

Can anyone tell me if this thread is still open?

Or how I can make feature requests to Sony TV?

Kind regards, Pat. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pat100

1. Enable control over the Light Sensor. For me, this is so aggressive as to be useless. I have to disable it and constantly adjust the brightness manually. This is the first TV set I’ve owned that has no adjustments possible for the ambient light auto control. 
2. Enable screen zoom. I watch a lot of tennis and need to zoom in to allow for bad camera placements and lens selection. 
3. I can’t use my Apple TV box to turn off the TV set by CEC. Again, all my other TV sets allow this. 

These are annoyances that spoil my enjoyment of the excellent picture. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pat100

The Android 9 Pie update fixed my AppleTV’s inability to turn off the TV so one less reason to use two remotes. Jolly Good ! ! ! 
But I still have to grab the Sony remote to constantly adjust brightness as the Sensor is still badly implemented. (I often watch daytime TV)

inzonero
New

Please add for the 2020 models, Bluetooth 5,  bluetooth audio sync  and also Bluetooth surround option like other  2020 brand models ( LG CX for example). Many of us, using APTX buetooth speakers and will be awesome to use them along with the SONY TV, with no lag sound and bluetooth surround if possible.

profile.country.IE.title
Ed2020
Explorer

Only one feature missing - Pause Live Tv.

(and in a single button time shift way rather than the horrible ‘press record, go find the program and press play, now pause that - oh and remember to del it afterwards’)

profile.country.BE.title
Bram1986
Explorer

Dear. 

Please focus on the gaming features next year. It's a pity Sony Tv's are not seen as good gaming Tv's right now. New oleds should have full hdmi 2.1. And I hope next year we see qd oled TV and an new processor. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pat100

Wow! Total of four posts made in this thread this year. Getting busy!  :slight_smile:

adyjay33

We dont bother anymore as we are sivk and tired of the TV's nit working
properly.

I bought a Hisense and thats good, just waiting for this rubbish Sony to
die then I will choose another brand, never will I buy Sony rubbish again
at all.
KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Oh good a well known A brand we will miss you