Join now - be part of our community!

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Future BRAVIA features - requests & suggestions.

Hi all

Please feel free to put in any requests for future updates and features you would like to see added. Of course we can't promise that we can deliver on all of them as there may be technical/commercial/resource limitations, as to why they aren't possible, but everything will be considered.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

Re-enable sticky tag

281 REPLIES 281
Catmambo
Contributor

Yes the media remote app should work with your TV - maybe try doing a factory reset on the device to see if that helps...

Thanks

branchespark
Visitor

I believe that the restrictions on playing recorded content on another device is unlikely to ever happen - for the obvious reason of copyright and illegal distribution. I think that is fair.

However, in a bid to get more Sony TVs in to the home, it would be great if the latest crop of connected Bravia TVs could do the following:

• share recorded content to other registered Bravia TVs on the same home network
  • "watch together" - a feature to let more than one TV show the same content at the same time - like a multiroom feature
  • join the TVs recording features together, so you can set something to record from one TV and the master actually does the recording

I would have no problem in wedding myself to Sony for the these features, as it would then negate the need for Sky+ or any other PVR system.

profile.country.SK.title
mm1999
New

....obvious reason of copyright and illegal distribution.

Yes, but...

Next to TV I have DVD recorder. I can record everything what I am watching.

No problems with recording or illegal distribution ?

I know, next step will be disable it. And it's called progress.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Sportsock
Visitor

Most important:

• Andoid app for media remote control should be supported for Sony Ericsson X10 mini pro (and all other SE android phones), Market does not allow me to install it, but it seems to work on the phone when installed from other sources.

Other wishes:

• Web interface for remote control of network connected TV (e.g. 40EX521) so the TV can be controled similar as from an app from any computer with a web browser
  • Time shift
  • Support for more file formats on the media player (have problem with some DVD formats)

Message was edited by: Sportsock

Message was edited by: Sportsock

profile.country.ro_RO.title
dyonissos
Visitor

A few wishes/recommendations for the embedded media player:

• the ability to change the audio track when viewing a photo slideshow and a brief on-screen info on the track being played;
  • more effects for changing photos on a slideshow;
  • photo zoom in / zoom out;
  • integration of the photo player with facebook (ability to upload photos to facebook).

Anyway, the embedded media player is sooooooo basic!

Any 50$ media box on the market has a lot more features than this.

Sony, please add more features and codec support to the media player! Take a look at Samsung, LG and other vendors! They are a lot ahead of SONY! Why?

I did not see any official answer to any of those wishes/requests, and i don`t think i`ll see any, so this is probably my last post on this thread.

Cheers!

profile.country.GB.title
Quick.Response
New

• Put the TV into standby when watching BBC2, and then press '1' on the remote to wake the TV up. Which channel is it on? Yes BBC2 - not BBC1!  Please change the wake up behaviour to take notice of the button pressed... Behaviour noticed on KDL-24EX320.
  • Like everyone else on the forum - please add and improve the video codecs. I've found it refuses to play files that have 6.1 audio and have had to recode to simple stereo.
  • Trying to play HD AVCHD camcorder footage over an 802.11g network is a very hit/miss affair. Very stuttery as if it's not buffered sufficient amounts of the file.
  • Improved content on Demand 5 for Bravia, and some additional services under Bravia Internet Video. Spotify? Napster?
TrueEagle
Visitor

I don't know if Sony are actually taking note of these requests, but I will make a few anyway

I would like a way to be able to have a SEPARATE KEY TONE AND STARTUP TONE OPTION, Not Both, because at the moment I only have an option to activate key tone which also activates startup tone. I actually find the startup tone quite nice but The key tone is so annoying

I would also like to request the possibility to have a WEB BROWSER as a WIDGET. Can't see why it wouldn't be possible, already have Playjam

itvplayer seem to be doing loads right now would be great to have the itvplayer

Please Sony :smileygrin:

Catmambo
Contributor

Thanks for all the ideas so far - do keep them coming as I know senior engineers in Tokyo have this thread URL and continue to view it and take notes.

For example this feature

http://blog.discover.sonystyle.com/do-you-talk-about-tv-on-facebook-and-twitter/socialize-feature-in...

Was driven by consumers requesting better social integration with their products. We should hopefully get it added via firmware later this year..

Thanks

22point8
Visitor

The WHITE BALANCE controls only allow reduction of contrast (Gain), whereas brightness (Bias) can go down (resulting in black crush) or up (increased black level, lower contrast ratio), the bias settings are too strong. I did however manage to get all the deltaE under 3.

Colours aren't so accurate though because there isn't a colour management system like LG, Panasonic, Samsung and Sharp have.

Message was edited by: 22point8

Message was edited by: 22point8

profile.country.es_ES.title
andreuga
Visitor

Hello,

I supposed with the las update I should use hdd formatted in exFAT but it doesn't work. Does it will be possible in the near future?

KDL-46HX700