Join now - be part of our community!

After software update, the headphone jack will stop working

Nyra15
Visitor

After software update, the headphone jack will stop working

Hallo, 

Ich habe vor 3 Tagen das Neue Softwareupdate installiert, und habe seitdem nur Probleme mit dem Kopfhöreranschluss. Er funktioniert nur bei wenigen Kopfhörern. Meine Beats Kopfhörer akzeptiert das Handy nicht, er spielt die Musik nur vom Handy und nicht von den Kopfhörern. Ich habe die Kopfhörer an ein anders Handy angeschlossen und sie funtkionierten, ich habe es dann wieder an meinem Handy probiert ist aber wieder fehlgeschlagen. Ich habe das Handy mehrmals neu gestartet aber es ging immer noch nicht. 

Hello,

I installed the New Software Update 3 days ago, and have only had problems with the headphone jack ever since. It only works with a few headphones. My Beats headphone does not accept the phone, it plays the music only from the phone and not from the headphones. I connected the headphones to a different phone and they worked, I tried it on my phone again, but failed again. I restarted the phone several times but it still did not work.

GT

40 REPLIES 40
SpareRibs1
Visitor

I am having the same problems too, but wasn't having any difficulty before the update. Is there any solution to this? 

skier91
Visitor

Same problems here:

Since the Oreo update, my phone doesn't recognise my headphones. Few minutes before, they worked perfectly.

Hardware:

• Phone: Xperia X (F5121) Android 8.0.0
  • Headphones: RHA MA600i

I tried these headphones with another phone and they worked. Then I took other headphones, they also worked on my phone.

Furthermore, the RHA MA600i has a button for voice control. As soon as I hold this down, the headphones are detected and everything works. As soon as the button is released again, they stop working and the sound comes from the loudspeakers.

That's why I think, this is some kind of a software bug and not a hardware problem.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Try resetting your Smart Connect app:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> App info -> Smart Connect -> Force stop, Uninstall -> Restart your phone.

2. Go to Google Play Store -> Serch for Smart Connect -> Install

Also, revise your sound settings:

1. Go to Settings -> Sound -> Accessory settings

2. Play with the settings there, i.e. if the Automatic optimization is on, try to set it off and test, and vice versa.

skier91
Visitor

Followed all these instructions, unfortunately nothing helped.. 

Still only working if I'm pressing the button for voice control.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Ok, I'll try to escalate this further. If anyone of the affected users didn't mention what's the model/brand of his headphone, please do.

SpareRibs1
Visitor

Sorry - my headphones are AKG K545. They too have an online remote, and only work when I press the button down. 

glork
Visitor

Same problem for me with Xperia X compact after android 8 update : my headphones no longer work.

sony phones are really bad phones.

I already had problems with sony support with my wife's phone. I will never buy their phones anymore.

Max83_ZA
Visitor

Same issue after Oreo update - Xperia X with Skull Candy headphones

Max83_ZA
Visitor

Ok, so went into Audio Setting and switched my Dynamic Normaliser off... Headphones now work.