Join now - be part of our community!

After software update, the headphone jack will stop working

Nyra15
Visitor

After software update, the headphone jack will stop working

Hallo, 

Ich habe vor 3 Tagen das Neue Softwareupdate installiert, und habe seitdem nur Probleme mit dem Kopfhöreranschluss. Er funktioniert nur bei wenigen Kopfhörern. Meine Beats Kopfhörer akzeptiert das Handy nicht, er spielt die Musik nur vom Handy und nicht von den Kopfhörern. Ich habe die Kopfhörer an ein anders Handy angeschlossen und sie funtkionierten, ich habe es dann wieder an meinem Handy probiert ist aber wieder fehlgeschlagen. Ich habe das Handy mehrmals neu gestartet aber es ging immer noch nicht. 

Hello,

I installed the New Software Update 3 days ago, and have only had problems with the headphone jack ever since. It only works with a few headphones. My Beats headphone does not accept the phone, it plays the music only from the phone and not from the headphones. I connected the headphones to a different phone and they worked, I tried it on my phone again, but failed again. I restarted the phone several times but it still did not work.

GT

40 REPLIES 40
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Could you check what kind of jack those willing and unwilling earphones have?

Or is it bluetooth.

Have a look here.

Fibre
Visitor

@Mrs_Susan Just out of curiosity, does your Marshalls have a built in microphone in the cable?

If so plug them into your phone, and hold down the main button and try to play plme music and just see what happens.

Fibre
Visitor

To anyone who is having trouble with their headphones and the issue is to do with the microphone (as with many of us here), @kekke2000 has done a DIY fix that'll at least get your headphones working for the time being until this gets fixed in a software update.

I've directly let Sony know through their Customer Support so hopefully they now know.

Image: I used a hairband to hold down the button which is working well! 😂

15198013176357642590451608415981.jpg

Federico93
Visitor

It's true what you have said.
I have the RHA MA750i headphones with remote and a microphone integrated and they only work if I press the play/stop button.
My phone is an Xperia X with the build 34.4.A.2.19

Federico93
Visitor

Do you think that the developers fix this soon? Otherwise I probably downgrade my phone to Nougat because I use the headphones often.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Do you think that the developers will NOT fix this?

Although it would be very nice if someone from Sony would state something like:

This is a known bug and it will be repaired in an upcoming software update.

However we cannot make any statement right now about how long it will take.

Thank you all for reporting this issue and for reporting a temporary workaround as well.

jkuyjfhtv
Visitor

Same issue on a Xperia X Compact right after updating to 34.4.A.2.19 with Beats headset.

Using the band trick for now but Sony... you better figure this out quickly if you don't want to lose a bunch of customers.

Federico93
Visitor

Can someone with the new firmware 34.4.A.2.32 try to see if this problem is resolved?

Update: I tried it myself and they are not fix it yet Slightly_frowning_Face

Emir1
Hero

You might experience that some types of cable headsets with a voice control button do not work with your Xperia X running on Android™ Oreo. This will be fixed in a future software version.

Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Affected SW Versions

SW 34.4.A.0.364 
SW 34.4.A.2.19 
SW 34.4.A.2.32

Fibre
Visitor

Thanks Emir, glad Sony has got to the bottom of this and is working on a fix!