Join now - be part of our community!

how to disable call baring

Anot
Visitor

how to disable call baring

Good day;

I am having a problem regarding my sony Xperia X, I cant make an outgoing call but my network is fine, I can send an sms and can browse the internet its just that I cant make calls. I already refered this to my network provider and they say that the call baring has been activated. I cant deactivate it because it is asking for a code and when I enter 0000 its says call settings error networ or sim card error. Can you please help me with this problem.. Thanks Slightly_smiling_Face

15 REPLIES 15
Curouslyn
Visitor

My son has just come across this problem on his phone....he tried the network reset and it is still asking for a password?

Jonas
Master

Hi @Curouslyn, welcome to our forum!

It can depend on the operator specs, but in some cases you will need the PIN 2 code from the operator in order to enter this menu, so please get in touch with them and they will be able to provide you with the PIN 2 code.

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

Jwizard
Visitor

Hi

I am facing same issue. I tried both network resetting and PIN2 code. Nothing worked. I still cannot make outgoing calls, but incoming calls and network is fine. Please give ur opinion.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Jwizard, welcome to our forum!

When you entered the PIN 2 code, did you see that the blocking for outgoing call was active? If it was not, get in touch with your operator and they should be able to remove this for you.

The call barring menu only makes changes on the SIM card, so the operator should always be able to override them for you in case that is needed.

You can also try inserting the SIM card in a different device and try to make outgoing calls and see if that works or not.

Keep me posted!

Piyushp25
Visitor

Please guide me how to enable call baring?

Jonas
Master

Hi @Piyushp25, sorry for the late reply.

Start with opening up the application called "Phone" > tap the three dots in the top right corner > Settings > Calls > Call barring.

You may need the PIN2 code for your SIM card and this is provided by your operator.

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face