Join now - be part of our community!

Boot up time of Xperia xz

xznewbie
Contributor

Boot up time of Xperia xz

Hello guys.. Normally what is the boot up time of the xz if you had not changed the apps content.
I found mine to be more than a minute... reaching 1,minute 15. Seconds..
12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Mine goes maybe just under the minute mark.  Are you already on the nougat version?  The are reports that the boot times is significantly faster on nougat update

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It's faster on Nougat but not by much.
Never understood why it matters tbh, i use the phone when already booted, at that point it's one of the fastest available
xznewbie
Contributor

This morning just measured the Xperia-XZ boot time after nougat update.. 50 seconds ..Does other XZ users corroborate this boot up time. ?
fetch93
Visitor

I can't understand why the Galaxys are always faster in booting up Slightly_frowning_Face
xznewbie
Contributor

Maybe themore powerful Cpu and more RAM had something to do with it..?
fetch93
Visitor

The CPU is only on paper faster. In real day you notice nothing. I had a s6 and the performance was horrible. Z3 much faster without crashes
Sunking1011
Contributor

It's the internal memory. SONY uses the old style, cheap eMMC which is much slower than the memory used by Samsung and Apple etc. When you boot your phone it loads the o/s from the internal memory and the read speeds are much slower on the XZ than the Galaxy.
Don82
Visitor

I have used a debloater tool from serajr on xda.its for non rooted X devices and locked BL only.My bootime is just less then 40sec.also battery life improved a bit. On the other side pc companion not find my device anymore. But not needed if you can still get OTA update tru phone instead of PC.
xznewbie
Contributor

Don82 I am wary of using third party apps thatdoes not belong to Google play approved tools.
For me its enough to know that my boot up time was improved by recent updates. I just only want to know of from similar users how much improvement they got after they updated their XZ To nougat...