Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to wake not working properly

Brohken
Visitor

Double tap to wake not working properly

Set the phone up and everything is great but double tap to wake works 1 out of every 5 times. Definitely something is wrong there.

With the Sony launcher double tap to sleep works fine so I don't think this is a hardware issue.

I tested this with the stock Sony launcher and Nova enabled and both have the same issue.

This isn't my phone obviously, but this is similar to how my phone is behaving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukYtlqDww4

I tried it with the phone in my hand, and also laying flat on a table.
Tags (2)
144 REPLIES 144
PatQQ
Visitor

I have also sent a log to Richard as well.

Sunking1011
Contributor

So are we keeping our phones and assuming that Sony will fix this via a software update, or are we to assume they're faulty seeing how some people report having zero issues with tap to wake?
AntCW
Visitor

I'll be waiting to hear back from Rickard before thinking of having phone replaced, but like you mention some have no issues.

In the meantime, if I get a chance over next day or two ill be trying a Factory data reset to see if this helps as not tried yet, only a software repair so far.

Has anyone tried a factory data reset yet?
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Hum... That's not cool, but since hits only some units and not others big chance it's software only. I'll escalate that issue to SM Europe!

Sunking1011
Contributor

I've done two factory resets with zero improvement.
adamlee2014
Contributor

I have the exact same issue.. Double tap to sleep works perfectly but when trying to wake the device using double tap it just doesn't response and has to be tapped a random amount of times to wake! :@ it's got to be software related as double tap to sleep works perfectly
AntCW
Visitor

Hi sunking101, just to clarify as in factory resets using this option from within phone under 'backup & reset'?
Rickard
Master

Thanks for sending me logs!

I have forwarded them internally and i will update you as soon as i have information on what could cause this.

Sunking1011
Contributor

@Antcw
Yes,, two full data resets to factory settings made zero difference.
Sunking1011
Contributor

I expect the logs will just show normal access and not the 10-20 failed attempts to double-tap. The screen isn't registering the taps so I doubt any faults are being registered either?