Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to wake not working properly

Brohken
Visitor

Double tap to wake not working properly

Set the phone up and everything is great but double tap to wake works 1 out of every 5 times. Definitely something is wrong there.

With the Sony launcher double tap to sleep works fine so I don't think this is a hardware issue.

I tested this with the stock Sony launcher and Nova enabled and both have the same issue.

This isn't my phone obviously, but this is similar to how my phone is behaving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukYtlqDww4

I tried it with the phone in my hand, and also laying flat on a table.
Tags (2)
144 REPLIES 144
Sunking1011
Contributor

Sometimes double tap to wake works if you breathe on the screen, sometimes with a double tap, sometimes with 30 taps, sometimes if you pick the phone up & give it a shake before utilising six to seven double taps, and sometimes it doesn't work at all. A quality feature I think you'll agree and after three+ months with no fix I doubt if it will ever be sorted. Sony will be working on their next batch of phones now.
Chrester
Visitor

One fingertip to tap on screen and one fingertip to fingerprint unlock Face_with_stuck-out_Tongue

Akmalraz
Visitor

Same here. Double tap wake up problem.. 1 out of 3 time.. Other is impressive.
Izuc
Visitor

Really bugging me, my z5 works perfectly but my new today xz only works after about 20 taps! Seriously think about returning the phone, shame on you Sony this has been an issue for quite a time according to the Web with no known fix, just what is going on??
adamlee2014
Contributor

sony are ignoring this and the poor camera, to be honest I wish id kept my Xperia Z5 and not spent £549 on a device im not happy with, especially when ive had it since October the day it was released and we are in January and no fixes for the camera or double tap, there are enough people with the same problem, Sony should be offering an exchange or a re call if some unit's are defective
Sunking1011
Contributor

Hear hear. Who else thought this issue would be patched very quickly? If it's a hardware issue then there should be a recall and new phones sent out in the post.
Don82
Visitor

Yes finaly! 39.2.a.0.386 update yesterday. And we got security patch januari. Thank you sooo much sony NOT to solve the double tap issue after 2 or 3 minor updates until now. Just gotta love it ..!..
Do they realy do something with there feedback?????
Ryan96
Visitor

I though I am the only one who face this problem, when I use my Z3, double tap to wake works 100%. However, XZ can't do this
plsdunbiteme
Visitor

For those who upgraded to build 386, is the double tap to wake problem solved?
Don82
Visitor

Not solved.