Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to wake not working properly

Brohken
Visitor

Double tap to wake not working properly

Set the phone up and everything is great but double tap to wake works 1 out of every 5 times. Definitely something is wrong there.

With the Sony launcher double tap to sleep works fine so I don't think this is a hardware issue.

I tested this with the stock Sony launcher and Nova enabled and both have the same issue.

This isn't my phone obviously, but this is similar to how my phone is behaving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukYtlqDww4

I tried it with the phone in my hand, and also laying flat on a table.
Tags (2)
144 REPLIES 144
Sunking1011
Contributor

The most basic and obvious of issues, still not patched over three months after release. Shocking.
plsdunbiteme
Visitor

Bummed to know it's not been fixed. This really affects the user experience on an otherwise good phone. I wonder how long they will make us wait for a solution, or if they will even bother to fix it
dmitryperets
Visitor

Same here, unfortunately... Just bought Xperia XZ, put the latest Nougat build. Tap to wake works very bad. We have several other Sony Android devices at home, so definitely we have something to compare to. Something is wrong with XZ...
Ju-UK
Visitor

So sad to experience such a disappointing issue. My old Z 3 was just fine. I really hope that Sony will be able to solve the problem. Hope!
Don82
Visitor

Great news!i tested atleast 30times double tap and all 30 attemps did fine.New update 39.2.a.0.417 fixed double tap this time!!!. Finaly Sony! 🙂 nice!
adamlee2014
Contributor

yes I too can confirm the Double tap to wake is fixed in the new update, Slightly_smiling_Face what about the camera?
Don82
Visitor

No improvement on Camera,same 2.0.0 version. So i dont think it got updated.
Sunking1011
Contributor

Has the lag gone and the bluetooth issues? Marshmallow to me is quicker and more fluid than Nougat on my friend's XZ.
Don82
Visitor

I did not got Bluetooth issues or WiFi problems. Only double tap was a big issue.I'm happy that is solved. My phone runs perfect now 🙂
diego87
Visitor

For those who updated their phones to the 39.2.A.0.417 build, does it also fix the "Phone Idle" battery drain too?