Join now - be part of our community!

Factory Startup Service after Factory reset

SOLVED
Pras13
Visitor

Factory Startup Service after Factory reset

Hi,

Everytime the phone restarted or turned on, message "FACTORY START UP SERVICES, PLEASE WAIT FOR POWER OFF BUTTON" always appear. And when ever i press the "onscreen off button" the phone turned off, and the message didnt disappear when i turn it on again.

This issue happen after i did "factory reset" after upgrading to Oreo via OTA update, i did factory reset because its getting a little bit laggy.

What i have done so far :

1. Factory reset again

2. Repair with Xperia companion

3. Reflashing the same firmware using flashtool

But no results, the message still appear, and the only way i can use the phone is fastly going to apps and deactivate com.sonyericsson.startupflagsevice.

Someone have similar problem with me?

Please help

Thank you

15 REPLIES 15
weche
Visitor

Hi.

I did a factory reset on my phone after which it started bringing 'power off". i tried switching it and restarting the phone but no chnges occured so my question or what you guys to help me out i need the phone but can't access it please tell me how i can remove that 'power off' thing on the screen because i really need to continue with my business as ussual

lioroza
Visitor

Hi

i have waited 2 hours and still getting the power message 

arie01
Visitor

you can try this. press the power and volume down button at same time. let it start up and reales the power meanwhile still hold the volume botton. until the xperia sign come up. i have doing that on my xz1. 😎. hope you can solve the phone. 

Ahmad280192
Visitor

Kenapa setelah update ota android oreo hp saya sony xzs dual terjadi bug muncul perintah start up system.. Tolong bantuan nya atas kendala ini

Sudah saya coba flashing sendiri terjadi boot lob dan selau keluar perintah start up system service

Why after the update of OTA Android Oreo my cellphone Sony XZS dual a bug appears the command start up system .. Please help with this problem

I have tried flashing myself and there is a boot lob and the command to start up the system service comes out

gt

Blueeyedape
Visitor

"But no results, the message still appear, and the only way i can use the phone is fastly going to apps and deactivate com.sonyericsson.startupflagsevice."

Is there an external way to do this or is the phone on long enough to get to the apps to deactivate?

DaniloGo
Visitor

I have a Sony Xperia X F5121. I managed to solve this problem as follows.

1) Downgrade to version 6.0 marshmallow via flashtool

2) During the first initialization the message (Factory Startup Service after Factory reset) will appear, then the screen will appear for the phone to be turned off. Proceed by turning it off.

3) Restart your Xperia. If at startup, your Xperia does not display that warning message again (Factory Startup Service after Factory reset), then you will have a 99.99% chance of having your Xperia without problems in version 8.0 Oreo!

4) Now go to the SETTINGS menu> apps> App info> click on the "show system" option. Note that the app "com.sonyericsson.startupflagsevice" is not appearing in the list of apps. Note: This app may not be showing up after the first boot restart. If it keeps showing up, I recommend choosing another ROM 6.0.0 from another country.

5) If you made it this far, without the message on Android 6.0 great!

6) From now on, let your Xperia start downloading security update packages, item by item. This process will take time. Unfortunately it has to be that way! I stayed all night watching each update.

After downloading security updates, Xperia downloaded the Android 7.0.0 Nougat version. I accepted the installation normally. After Xperia installed version 7.0.0, it continued to download security packages.

After Xperia downloaded version 7.1.1 Nougat, I accepted the installation. After installing 7.1.1 Nougat, several update packages were downloaded, I installed them all.

Finally Xperia downloaded version 8.0.0 Oreo and I installed it, along with the security packages.

I noticed that on my Xperia, there was no longer that error message, and that app "com.sonyericsson.startupflagsevice" since version 6.0.0 has disappeared.

It was in this way (with a lot of patience, love, hope and faith in God) that I managed to get my Sony Xperia back to normal.

Note: Some Sony devices will show the following message in the notifications: "WarrantyTimeService". Go to settings> apps> show system> click on the app and click "force stop". This should be done whenever you restart your Xperia.

I hope I can help someone. Thanks

Sorry my English, I'm using Google Translate. Brazilian greetings.