Join now - be part of our community!

Factory Startup Service after Factory reset

SOLVED
Pras13
Visitor

Factory Startup Service after Factory reset

Hi,

Everytime the phone restarted or turned on, message "FACTORY START UP SERVICES, PLEASE WAIT FOR POWER OFF BUTTON" always appear. And when ever i press the "onscreen off button" the phone turned off, and the message didnt disappear when i turn it on again.

This issue happen after i did "factory reset" after upgrading to Oreo via OTA update, i did factory reset because its getting a little bit laggy.

What i have done so far :

1. Factory reset again

2. Repair with Xperia companion

3. Reflashing the same firmware using flashtool

But no results, the message still appear, and the only way i can use the phone is fastly going to apps and deactivate com.sonyericsson.startupflagsevice.

Someone have similar problem with me?

Please help

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pras13
Visitor

Well finally i can solve the problem myself. (at least for my XZ)

What i did :

1. Flash Marshmallow firmware using Flash tool. Firmware Version 39.0.A.1.250

2. Turn On the phone, in the first boot, Factory Startup Service show up, and i press on Screen Turn Off button

3. Turn on the phone again, this time Factory Startup Services doesnt show up.

4. Flash Oreo Firmware using flash tool

5. Turn On the phone, in the first boot, Factory Startup Service show up, and i press on Screen Turn Off button

6. Turn on the phone again, and NO Factory Startup service message Appear.

7. Try to restart multiple times, Factory Startup service never show up.

But I never try to Factory reset, because im lazy to do all the step if the Factory startup service message appear again.

Hope this can  help people with the similar Problem.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

since you already modified software by flashing with flash tool i suggest you try using another firmware./ or search on xda forum

Pras13
Visitor

@nolramlb wrote:

since you already modified software by flashing with flash tool i suggest you try using another firmware./ or search on xda forum

Well i cant flash "unofficial" firmware because my bootloader is still locked. And i flash the firmware which i got from Xperia companion. I use flash tool after fail to repair the problem using Xperia companion ...

Pras13
Visitor

uhm...

Someone has similar problem like me?

Looks like im the only one facing this issue..

Update:

Intalled The last update, After installed the January Security patch, the phone restart as usual, and the problem still exist...

Factory StartUp Service, Please wait in screen Power OFF button...

Tapping power off, turn on the phone, and it start appearing again..

Azhar1983
Visitor

I am also facing the same issue with my Xpeia XZ after update to Oreo. Anyone has the solution please?

Pras13
Visitor

Well finally i can solve the problem myself. (at least for my XZ)

What i did :

1. Flash Marshmallow firmware using Flash tool. Firmware Version 39.0.A.1.250

2. Turn On the phone, in the first boot, Factory Startup Service show up, and i press on Screen Turn Off button

3. Turn on the phone again, this time Factory Startup Services doesnt show up.

4. Flash Oreo Firmware using flash tool

5. Turn On the phone, in the first boot, Factory Startup Service show up, and i press on Screen Turn Off button

6. Turn on the phone again, and NO Factory Startup service message Appear.

7. Try to restart multiple times, Factory Startup service never show up.

But I never try to Factory reset, because im lazy to do all the step if the Factory startup service message appear again.

Hope this can  help people with the similar Problem.

MaheshK1
Visitor

Ya I have sams problem aftaftupdate android 8.0 update

Do you have any solution for this

i have given to services center they told me that to replace the motherboard of your phone or replace your Sony Xperia x full phone they don't repair that a Sony Xperia Z series and x series phone they replaced it

Pras13
Visitor

@MaheshKwrote:

Ya I have sams problem aftaftupdate android 8.0 update

Do you have any solution for this

i have given to services center they told me that to replace the motherboard of your phone or replace your Sony Xperia x full phone they don't repair that a Sony Xperia Z series and x series phone they replaced it

I resolve my problem by doing step stated in post 6.

Basically what i did was Reset the phone to the original Firmware which is Android 6 Marshmallow.

Because we cannot go back to previous firmware from the phone, so I use Flash tool to manually flash original firmware (Android 6) to my phone.

Hope that steps also work on your phone.

Nb: flashing original firmware using flashtool didnt void warranty

Jos8
Visitor

Hi I have a Sony Expedia L2 it will not start my phone because I forgot my password please help 

hoangz5
Visitor

don't even have to do all these hassles !  and these are dangerous if you mess up the flashing things...

You just need to wait for the phone to power off itself. Waiting time from 40-60 min. 

Sony has an English problem : instead of "power off", it should says "powering off" so that people know that the phone is working, that is : it is in the process to powering off the phone.