Join now - be part of our community!

Fingerprint lock doesn't work!

AnP155
Visitor

Fingerprint lock doesn't work!

Fingerprint scanner works, meaning I could set it up as usual. But unlocking the device using the same doesn't seem to be working 3/5 times, specially when there are many notifications. The lock screen goes to swipe to unlock and the PIN entry screen shows up. No matter how clean my fingers or the scanner is, unlock doesn't happen. It's become pretty obvious as a bug that needs immediate attention. I did a complete reset on the fingerprint manager, still no use.
17 REPLIES 17
AnP155
Visitor

@Sunking101 wrote:
My fingerprint scanner works fine, I press the button once and I'm taken to the home screen.

"I never said the fingerprint sensor is faulty"

The issue is, I am having to use PIN unlock (secondary/backup lock system) to unlock the device almost 3/5 times! Why isn't the device picking up FP unlock?? Can someone answer this, please?! As suggested by the Sony representative, I press the power button once to wake the device but I don't see the Fingerprint icon that generally appears at the centre bottom of the screen. Instead, I am seeing the LOCK icon, wherein I swipe left to be lead into the PIN entry screen. This obviously looks like a software level issue.

n13L5
Visitor

The finger print sensor is definitely one of the things SONY got right on this phone.

If your's doesn't work right, its gotta be either configuration or you got a bum unit that needs replacing.

Elang
Visitor

Thanks AnP155 and christofer .  I have to resend my product back to amazon india, due to various problems that i faced . Slightly_frowning_Face 

Christofer
Champion

@AnP155 I'm afraid I don't have any information about that. I do see your point though and I can forward this as user feedback.

@Elang You're welcome! Sorry to hear that your device is in need of service though. Slightly_frowning_Face

AnP155
Visitor

@n13L5 wrote:

The finger print sensor is definitely one of the things SONY got right on this phone.

If your's doesn't work right, its gotta be either configuration or you got a bum unit that needs replacing.

Brother, did you even read anything that I wrote in my posts? I have very clearly mentioned, at a hardware level, the FP sensor is doing its job. But it is the software that needs to decide which hardware should work when!

It is the software that keeps going into PIN unlock and not using the FP UNLOCK! Because 2/5 times when it does use fingerprint unlock, it scans without any issues!

Christofer
Champion

@AnP155 I did receive some feedback today regarding the bug report you sent me earlier and I recommend that you get your device examined by an authorised service center. You can contact your Local support team if you need help proceeding with this.

OminousFate
Visitor

I have used The fingerprint lock for some days now, and up until today it has worked perfectly. For some odd reason the fingerprint scan and pin code vanished and all I had to do to unlock the screen was swipe the screen with your finger. Neither finger scan or pin code was asked for. I've scanned 3 fingers only and I could use all 7 remaing fingers to unlock the phone. After I restarted the phone I even handed it to a colleague of mine and he unlocked the screen with no problem. Right now it seems to be working again.

Just wondering how much I can trust it if it just chooses randomly not to use the fingerprint or the pin code to open?

Best regards

OminousFate
Visitor

And now once again, neither fingerprint or pin code is asked for...