Join now - be part of our community!

πŸ”Ž icon removal

Coope322
Visitor

πŸ”Ž icon removal

I can move this icon around the screen but cannot remove it, it appeared on the last update to Android 7. I find it annoying and want to get rid of it.
Does anyone have any way of doing this?

4 REPLIES 4
Jonas
Master

Hi @Co4322,

I'm not quite sure where you can see this magnifying glass icon in your phone. Is it on the home screen or does it appear in certain application(s)? Just to make sure that this icon is not coming from a third party application I'd recommend that you reboot your phone in safe mode and see if it's visible here as well.

If you can see the icon in safe mode, could you please provide me with a screenshot of this icon and where you can see it? To take a screenshot press and hold the power button > Take screenshot.

If you are using this forum from a computer you can upload it directly to your post, but you can also use Google drive or a similar online service for this.

Thanks in advance!

Coope322
Visitor

It seems only to be on the home screens not when I open an app, I updated from the Sony site, so I. Don't know what could have happened.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Co4322 Does this happen if you swipe down on home screen?

alexdon
Jonas
Master

Thanks for the update!

It could very well be the Suggested application menu that you can access if you swipe down on the home screen like @alexdon mentioned. It is however very hard for me to say exactly what it could be without a screenshot, so I would appreciate if you could post one! Slightly_smiling_Face

Keep me posted!