Join now - be part of our community!

Pin ask before android boot

SOLVED
Safs
Visitor

Pin ask before android boot

Hello!

On my old xperia ZX premium was an feature, when turn on phone, phone ask to enter pin code, before start android, now i can't find this feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blasse__pl
Visitor

On XZ1 you have FBE: https://source.android.com/security/encryption/file-based

After boot you have only system with telephony service running, rest of the storage is encrypted after first screen unlock - that's why you don't enter pin on additional screen during boot anymore.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @Safs

You should still get the option to set this. 

When you head to Settings > Lock screen & security > Screen lock

You will get to chose the type of screen lock you would like, a PIN for example. 

You should then get an option that says "Secure Start-Up" and you can select "PIN required after restarting" 

If you select this you will be asked for your PIN to start Android before your handset will completely boot up.

Let me know if you need further help Slightly_smiling_Face

G26
Visitor

My phone does the same and now I don't know ehat the password is and can't get into my phone. What must I do know?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@G26

That's a bad situation.

When you forgot your password you will have to do a software repair with Xperia Companion.

The bad thing is that all data on the phone will be lost (not on the SD card if you haven't encrypted it)

When you set up your phone next time goto settings that Cloe pointed out.

Tap on smartlock and set it to unlock automatic when you're at home.

In case of emergency you will then be able to backup your device before you do a software repair and you will not lose your data.

blasse__pl
Visitor

On XZ1 you have FBE: https://source.android.com/security/encryption/file-based

After boot you have only system with telephony service running, rest of the storage is encrypted after first screen unlock - that's why you don't enter pin on additional screen during boot anymore.

Weebarra
Visitor

How do you turn this feature off on the xz premium. I factory reset and can't remember how to turn off this feature and only use pin once android has booted up