Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
iguh17
Visitor

Can Sony Xperia XZ Premium Pie use Fiio Q1 MA2?

Devversss
Visitor

Roll back from android 9 to 8. How do I do this please ? 

LionK
Visitor

same here, how do I roll back to oreo same region? customized IL.

in xperifirm all the previous builds are removed, so how can I find my own region firmware?

please help

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Rollback cannot be achieved unless you go for Flashtool.

My advice: don't

My other advice:

Give Pie a little time to settle down.

John Lennon (All we are singing, give Pie a chance)

It has a lot of AI inside and will adapt to your normal behaviour.

On the other hand the software devellopers will smoothen out perceived problems.

To enhance your experience you can start uninstalling apps you don't use or use seldom.

Phone-> dial *#*#4636#*#* (same as *#*#INFO#*#*) tap usage statistics -> sort by last time used, scroll down and delete a lot of apps.

Your device will be gratefull and will show its appreciation with a smoother experience.

LionK
Visitor

@Strampke 

I feel you, but my unlock bootloader in develoer options is greyed out since I updated to oreo using flashtool...

and as I understood, reverting back to oreo then updating through OTA updates solves the problem.

I would use flashtool, but the oreo for my region is removed from the list because Pie is available...

how can I fix this issue?

randombeats
Visitor

If the phone is stolen and software reseted, is there anything like my Xperia theft protection to prevet someone doing this unless you root the phone? 

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @randombeats;

My Xperia Theft Protection was replaced by Google's Find My Device.

PuppyRyan
Visitor

Does the XZ Premium Come with a Screen protector? If not, could someone link me a page to buy one?

Tags (1)
profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @PuppyRyan;

The XZ Premium does not come with any screen protector (besides the regular protective film that should be taken off on first use) but you can find a lot of different kinds over Ebay or Amazon, but I think that it is more of a personal choice. 

PuppyRyan
Visitor

Hi, Suddenly When I was using my phone, I noticed the app 'Apps' with the 9 dots on it was missing. Its not in my all Apps folder Or on my home screen. Anyway to get this app Back?