Volume of Ring being set to off automatically

MikeSN1
Visitor

9 REPLIES 9
MikeSN1
Visitor

Enterring more info...  I have been constantly finding that the ring volume has automatically being set to off.  I have regularly missed calls.  Frustrating.  Some time back I installed Flip-Silent an app to turn off call volume for incoming call.  I suspect that this may be setting the ring volume off (not just for current call).  We shall see as this is a frustrating problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@MikeSN

Is your phone in Do not disturb mode? does it happen while in >>> safe mode

Sharl1
Visitor

I have sony XZ phone its a new phone every day the phone automatically turn silent mode with only vibration if anyone calling me and when i check the ringtone volume i found it at maximum so to solve this i have to restart my phone every time it get silent

system android 7.0  

Tags (1)
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @Sharl1 and welcome to the community!

Try refreshing your Smart Connect app:

- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Smart Connect -> Force stop, Uninstall updates, then go to Storage -> Clear data and restart your phone.
- Go to your Play Store and update Smart Connect again.

Sharl1
Visitor

there is no smart connect on the Settings -> Apps -> 

thanks 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Sharl1

You should see a long list of apps there, scroll down until you find Smart Connect app.

Sharl1
Visitor

I checked the app list and no smart connect at all, scrolled down till the end and no smart connect app 

or you think that i have to install it 

thanks 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Sharl1

This is strange, it should be there because it comes pre-installed on all Xperia phones. Would you be able to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion? This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory, thus elimination software glitches in your phone.

Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion before proceeding with the repair process.

Sharl
Visitor

I tried the software repair but nothing happen and I still have the same problem