Join now - be part of our community!

Weak Network Signal (UK, EE)

djp2k17
Visitor

Weak Network Signal (UK, EE)

I have only had my XZ about a month or so now, previously had a Nexus 6. On the Nexus 6 I had places where I go that had full 4G signal, but on my XZ in the same places it's mainly 1-2 bars. I contacted my provider EE & they sent me a new sim card to try, but that hasn't sorted it out. I contacted Sony customer care, who said to try the software repair for my phone, which I have done, but still nothing.

Is anyone else having the same problem?
8 REPLIES 8
CameronT
Champion

Hi @djp2k17,

I am sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face 

Can I just check if you have tried all the troubleshooting here?: http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz/faq/No-network-coverage/

djp2k17
Visitor

I have tried all of what is listed there. I was advised to send the phone off for repair, but don't want to potentially have to pay the £20 odd it may be if nothing is found to be broken on the phone.
CameronT
Champion

@djp2k17,

If nothing in that troubleshooting has resolved the issue then it is more likely to be a hardware fault. Sending it off for repair is really the only thing left to do.

djp2k17
Visitor

Hopefully you can answer this, why if the phone is within warranty does Sony charge you for return of the phone if no fault is found?
CameronT
Champion

@djp2k17,

Most likely they charge a fee for no fault to pay for the time that the repair agent used to assess the device, along with postage. Warranty will differ from region to region though so you will be best to ask your Local support team that.

john_winston
Visitor

I'm selling mine as the signal is so poor on my commute.  I get a couple of minutes weak signal on my iphone SE most mornings - the XZ drops out constantly during the journey.  It's a definite and regrettable design flaw.  I can cope with the less than stellar battery and the horrible processing of low light camera pics, but the low signal is a killer.  

Sunking1011
Contributor

My XZ constantly drops signal too. I can sit and look at my phone and the signal bars will go from 4 to 1 then back to 4 in a constant cycle. If I have a weak signal to start with then it drops out completely. Driving down the motorway I regularly have zero signal when previous iPhones have rarely dropped out. It seems to be a design flaw and no doubt you will be charged the £20 and have your phone returned to you with 'no fault found'.
djp2k17
Visitor

I have sent it off via Carphone Warehouse being where I bought it from & it's been "repaired" very quickly making me think that no fault has been found. I should hopefully get it back this week or next.